riverside county sheriff freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryp2007

I keep getting these beeps after the sheriff or the dispatcher talks ...about five dashes every time which causes a delay in my trunking ....is there anyway to get rid of them? Im using a PRO 162

brandon

Database Admin
Those 5 beeps you hear are because the scanner is in conventional mode. In order to track RSO you need to setup as an EDACS system (both the bank and channels need to be set). Unfortunately I just checked and it doesn't appear any software has been made for this radio yet, so doing it by hand is the only way ATM. Go to the bank of your EDACS system by pressing MAN then the channel # of the bank. Now press FUNC then TRUNK followed by pressing MODE to cycle until it says EDACS. This will set the bank as EDACS. Now you need to make sure each of your channels for that EDACS system are set to EDC mode. To do this: Go to the channel and press PGM and press MODE until you see "ED" next to the channel number. You must do this for all of the 800 MHz EDACS channels in that bank. After doing these steps it should track properly. I know this is confusing as hell which is why software makes this so much easier. Hopefully they will release something soon for the Pro-162.

Anyway to help troubleshoot what area of the county are you monitoring and what group of freqs did you program?

Last edited:

perryp2007

all your southwest freqs oh and i did what you said and when it scans it doest stop on a channel it scans but nothing stops ...am i doing something wrong?

brandon

Database Admin
Ok try going into open mode and see if you hear anything. I believe you press FUNC + DELAY to toggle the scanner between CLOSED/OPEN mode.

Open mode will listen to all talkgroups where closed mode listens to ID's that you have saved/programmed. Once it's trunking you should see ID's such as 2045, 529, 531, etc...

For a list of talkgroups check the ScanRiverside.com and RadioReference listing.

I remember that... after the "5 beeps", I guess because GE manufactured the thing, it played a synthetic version of the old 6-note ascending GE commercial jingle "we bring good things to life," every single time. Lasted a couple of months as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.