Riverside EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
The database lists ten sites for Riverside County's EDACS system: Northwest, Big Maria, West, Southwest, Central, East, Santa Rosa Peak, Corona, Indio & Cactus City.

The database lists four sets of talkgroups: West, Central, Blythe, and Desert.

I can probably assume that West goes with West and Central goes with Central, but how exactly do the others plug in?

I'm trying to program the entire system into my 396, and am wondering how others do it. Do you just put all systems in (separate systems (or banks if you're using a GRE scanner)) and then put all of the talkgroups in each system/bank?

Ideas are most appreciated.

Cokeswigga

You really gotta to look at what you want to listen to..
I live in temecula, which is in the southwest frequencies but the talkgroups show up under central, I also get norco which shows up in west.... go figure

Sounds like it needs to be re-organized! :)

There aren't that many talk groups, so you maybe you could put all the talk groups into each of the systems, and see what pops up where.

jeff2233

I am in Yucaipa, which is closest to RSO's Northwest system, wherever that is. So I have all the Northwest freqs programmed and the West and Central talkgroups programmed in that bank, because I pick up both talkgroups.

brandon

Database Admin
Yeah the database layout needs to be updated along with some of the channel displays.

I have 2 banks on my scanner - 1 for Southwest and 1 for Northwest, programmed as follows

Southwest
------------
All Temecula talkgroups
All Lake Elsinore/Perris talkgroups
All Hemet/San Jacinto talkgroups
Dispatch talkgroup for Norco/Jurupa just because it comes through :D

Northwest
-----------
All Moreno Valley talkgroups
All Norco/Jurupa talkgroups
All Lake Elsinore/Perris talkgroups
All Hemet/San Jacinto talkgroups
Dispatch talkgroup for Temecula just because it comes through :D

From running Unitrunker, most of the talkgroup activity is on the Northwest system. But the Temecula Car-Car's are usually on the Southwest. When Perris uses Special Ops 3 for dispatching I would listen to Channel 4 (Car-Car) on the Northwest because it's not always simulcasted on the Southwest site.

I don't have any experience with the Palm Desert/Indio stuff. Every once-in-a-while I've seen the Palm Desert and Indio talkgroup show up with an open carrier (on the Northwest site), but that's it.

I don't monitor the West system unless I go to Hemet where it comes in better. Seemed to be mostly used by Hemet/San Jacinto, Temecula, and I believe Lake Elsinore/Perris was simulcast on it.

I wish other agencies would be on the system... it would make monitoring much easier. I loved how in San Diego I could monitor all parts of the county with a rubber duck :cool:

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Smokey

jeff2233 said:
I am in Yucaipa, which is closest to RSO's Northwest system, wherever that is. So I have all the Northwest freqs programmed and the West and Central talkgroups programmed in that bank, because I pick up both talkgroups.

what the best way to pick up Calimesa? Northwest freqs, with Central talkgroups? or
Central freqs, with Central talkgroups?

jeff2233

Smokey said:
what the best way to pick up Calimesa? Northwest freqs, with Central talkgroups? or
Central freqs, with Central talkgroups?
Use th Northwest freqs..with the West and Central talkgroups. Are you in Calimesa ?

jeff2233

Me too...up at the top of County Line. RSO Calimesa comes in on different TG's...sometimes 9-TEM (04-061), sometimes 7-HMT/BN (04-043), and even 15-157, which isn't even listed. I don't understand that system..so I just plug everything in and take a chance !

brandon

Database Admin
I would monitor Hemet/San Jacinto Dispatch Channel 1 (545) to hear Calimesa. Their unit identifiers are the ones with "Calimesa" in the name.

15-157 = 2047 Patch---usually for the Hemet and Temecula talkgroups---which would explain why you hear Calimesa on Temeculas dispatch sometimes)
I've also found ID 2047 being used to patch the Records/Cross County channels. Seems to be nothing set it stone when it comes to the patches since they can be used for anything it appears.

I've noticed a couple other patches, 2046 I believe was used to patch Hemet and Palm Desert during a pursuit on 74 a few months ago....also sometimes Hemet with Temecula and/or Elsinore. 2045 is another but I don't remember what it was used for...possible Moval and Perris patch?? They seem to change and can be any combination. The Unidens automatically detect a patch even if you just monitor the primary dispatch channel, so I don't pay much attention to them. But the RadioShack scanners you have to program the patches in otherwise when a dispatch talkgroup goes into patched mode you won't hear anything. I noticed this when recording a pursuit and the talkgroup became patches... no longer heard the traffic until having the scanner find the appropriate patch ID.

Last edited:

Smokey

brandon said:
I would monitor Hemet/San Jacinto Dispatch Channel 1 (545) to hear Calimesa. Their unit identifiers are the ones with "Calimesa" in the name.

15-157 = 2047 Patch---usually for the Hemet and Temecula talkgroups---which would explain why you hear Calimesa on Temeculas dispatch sometimes)
I've also found ID 2047 being used to patch the Records/Cross County channels. Seems to be nothing set it stone when it comes to the patches since they can be used for anything it appears.

I've noticed a couple other patches, 2046 I believe was used to patch Hemet and Palm Desert during a pursuit on 74 a few months ago....also sometimes Hemet with Temecula and/or Elsinore. 2045 is another but I don't remember what it was used for...possible Moval and Perris patch?? They seem to change and can be any combination. The Unidens automatically detect a patch even if you just monitor the primary dispatch channel, so I don't pay much attention to them. But the RadioShack scanners you have to program the patches in otherwise when a dispatch talkgroup goes into patched mode you won't hear anything. I noticed this when recording a pursuit and the talkgroup became patches... no longer heard the traffic until having the scanner find the appropriate patch ID.

Thanks Riverside is all new to me. I had problems with my pro95 and Riverside. now with
my pro97 I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.