Riverside PSEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Question about the PSEC system. i just bought by BCD436HP unit a few weeks ago and have been monitoring the system and of course i know that all police agencies TGID's are encrypted, but today i noticed that i programmed it as P25 X2-TDMA, not P25 TRUNK. I have heard clear talk on N/W call (113), radio test (1145) and 81 using the X2-TDMA, but was very hard to understand but was not encrypted. if i change the system over to P25 Trunk would this make a difference to the system or was i correct the first time to keep it as TDMA?

Mike_G_D

It is P25 Phase 2 TDMA, so yes, keep it as TDMA.

If you aren't already aware of it, a good site to go to with info local to Riverside County and lots of good discussion about PSEC on its forums is: ScanRiverside.com.

-Mike

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Hello guys.

Had a couple questions result of some conflicting Db submissions.

1) Is the EDACS system indeed off the air, if so we can change it to a depreciated system.

2) Looking at PSEC I notice no talkgroup info in our Db. I realize system is encrypted, but nothing wrong with listing heard encrypted TGs with unknown users. Can help build a bit of a map of the system.

3) I notice many PSEC sites only have control frequencies listed. Have no additional other frequencies been identified for the sites? If you have them please submit them.

Cheers

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Hello guys.

Had a couple questions result of some conflicting Db submissions.

1) Is the EDACS system indeed off the air, if so we can change it to a depreciated system.

2) Looking at PSEC I notice no talkgroup info in our Db. I realize system is encrypted, but nothing wrong with listing heard encrypted TGs with unknown users. Can help build a bit of a map of the system.

3) I notice many PSEC sites only have control frequencies listed. Have no additional other frequencies been identified for the sites? If you have them please submit them.

Cheers

not sure if you are familiar with the webiste Scanriverside.com (Forums « ScanRiverside.com • Index page) thats where i am getting a lot of my information for the PSEC system, control channels, TGID's, questions, etc.

1) Yes i do believe the ECACS system is officially off the air in the north west part of the county, i have not been able to get a control channel, here is a link from where i am also getting info from where the system is starting to go offline: Forums « ScanRiverside.com • View topic - Old EDACS system off the air

2) here is a list of TGID's Forums « ScanRiverside.com • View topic - Riverside PSEC Talkgroups (March 2014)

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Thanks guy, no I don't linger over at Scanriverside.com so not up to date on the TGs info.

I can show the EDACS system depreciated if consensus is that the system is indeed off the air county wide, though in that linked thread I do see someone mentioned they were hearing 868.7625 data channel in Hemet/San Jacinto area two weeks ago still.

For now, I have however updated Db to reflect that PSEC is the primary system.

Status
Not open for further replies.