Riverview Hospital (Middletown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I see that Riverview Hospital in Middletown has a freq listed of 463.425. I put that into the scanner and it sounds like a trucked system. I have put that freq into the scanner on all the trucked systems. But nothing. Anyone know if this is the right freq or what trucked system they are on?

KB1JHU

That's the frequency they have a license for. There are also 7 other licensed users of the frequency in the state. One is a trunked license (KQQ832 - KOEPKE, ALAN J) in Coventry. It is a business frequency and they tend to have many users closer together than public safety frequencies, so you are likely to hear a lot of other stuff on them. PL/DPL is important for selecting what you want to listen to on a business frequency. Since it's not in the DB, does anyone have the tone for Riverview?

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
from what i remember when i was up around that way when i was doing some landscaping work at CVH last summer, Riverview was either simplex or very low power, because it was barely readable from signal stalker on the tip of river road, and theres really nothing going on their frequency anyway, i think it's a childrens physc hospital or something of that sort, all i heard was..moving the unit to dining hall..and alot of..rogers...

Riverview IS a pyschiatric hospital for children/youth. It is a state run facility -(DCF). They run a DCS on that frequency, I remember picking it up one time, Just don't remember what exactly that DCS was. They do run low power. Their radios aren't used for a whole lot except like someone mentioned, transporting patients from unit to unit, or to the west or east gyms and such like that. Basically whenever a staff leaves a unit, they bring a radio, first they turn it on and do a radio check though. Occasionally they will call for assistance over the radio during a "psyc emergency". They have a system there where they can just push a red button on the wall and blue lights go off everywhere in the building. at that point, Pretty much every staff member checks the closest "alarm panel" and it displays in text format where the emergency is and a summary of what it is.

Not sure if they still do, But they used to use those radios quite a bit, Albeit for fairly mundane activities.

Best times to hear them on the radio would be between 7:30 - 8:45AM (Waking up, Getting the children to school) or in the area of 3:15:4:45 (Afternoon recreation, Dinner). Also try 6:15 - 7:45PM (Even recreation).

Every unit that brings any patients to any of these functions, Almost always does a radio check before they leave the unit. Typically they won't say much except "Manhasset, Radio Check?". Basically the most you'll normally hear over their radios is a unit name and the words radio check. They have phones throughout the building about every 30 - 50 feet or so, ALL of which can access the over head paging system.

As far as range, They don't typically do to well. I've heard from some of the staff that the radios will reach as far as Middlesex Hospital, But normally when they go on any off grounds type of function, They check out a cell phone from the main desk.

Not sure if this is exactly how they operate at this point, But it should give a pretty good idea of when to expect radio traffic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.