RJ Corman Railroad & TMMK In Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
So I have a few questions. Tonight I was monitoring the Toyota Logistics DMR Conventional Frequency which can be found here Scott County - Business and Industrial Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference I listen to this every now and then since I discovered it and have been trying to figure out what talk groups they use. Anyway, tonight I heard "RJ Corman yard to (Name Redacted), they answered and was asking if they could make their way down to the yard. I was under the impression that Norfolk owned the yard and tracks but I guess RJ Corman does. I just found that it was weird that they were on their radios which also makes me wonder if RJ Corman is also using DMR for their yard ops. Does anyone have info on this?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
NS owns it. RJ Corman provides switching operations and track maintenance service for the yard at TMMK.

Similar arrangements between the big boys (BNSF, CSX, NS, UP) and smaller companies at other large automotive manufacturing facilities. Allows for a more directed focus on JIT services.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
NS owns it. RJ Corman provides switching operations and track maintenance service for the yard at TMMK.

Similar arrangements between the big boys (BNSF, CSX, NS, UP) and smaller companies at other large automotive manufacturing facilities. Allows for a more directed focus on JIT services.
Ah ok, makes since. Last night after I posted more traffic came through with them talking about the railyard which now me understanding what TMMK logistics does this is where they load the cars on to the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.