RMA-NE-2B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okla-lawman

FIRE TRAINING?????? I can assure it was not fire training. I know, Iwas there and I aint no hose dragger.........

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The only reason I mentioned that, there was a training fire yesterday afternoon. Apparently nobody paid any attention to the bulletin about it before hand and they all got real excited after it started. Everything from the refinery to Gilcrese Hills was reported to be on fire.

peterjmag

Mark and all,
Once again I'm not paying attention and missed it. You were right. If I would have made the connection I would have posted the RMA-NE-2B under your VP visit. Sorry about that.

P.J. Maguire

okla-lawman

there was a controlled burn yesterday op on 46th st north and you could see it for miles. It was of some concern untill we found out it was so far away...so there was talk of it on 2b

K5MAR

peterjmag said:
Mark and all,
Once again I'm not paying attention and missed it. You were right. If I would have made the connection I would have posted the RMA-NE-2B under your VP visit. Sorry about that.

P.J. Maguire

Hey, PJ, it wasn't that, per se. I thought that an impending visit by the VP would be at least a minor big deal, and a marvelous scanning opportunity. I was surprised when the info didn't get any response. If I'd been able to get away, I'd have gone to Tulsa just for the chance to do a little listening. The last time I was in a position to monitor this sort of event was when Nixon came to OSU commencement in 1974, and I was booked on a flight to Norway the same day, so I missed out there, too! Maybe someday!

Mark S.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I don't know why, but his visit wasn't highly published around here. I didn't think he was coming and didn't bother to even try to listen because I figured it would all be encrypted Govt. freqs anyway. So I missed out also.

K5MAR

Yeah, but I figured it would be fun to hear all the TPD/TCSO and aviation traffic relating to his visit. Not to mention seeing AF2 land & take off.

Now, back in '74 when Nixon came to Stillwater, there was no encryption, but you had to have the right crystals! At Five Bucks a pop!

Mark S.

Status
Not open for further replies.