Road America comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchman

Going to races this year at Road America and have the frequencies from the RR database. The question I have are they still using analog repeaters or converted to a digital format (DMR, NXDN). Want to be able to listen to operations and corner workers. Thanks.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Most of the Road America operations have moved to NXDN digital with encryption, however, "Corner Net 1" used by the flaggers / spotters is still analog and is a good frequency for information on what's going on around the track. Some of the race series sanctioning bodies and most of the racing teams are analog, so there is still plenty to listen to.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
Didnt seem to find the FM broadcast PA Feed.. Then again I had scanner mainly on NBC_IMS radio.

FYI all track workers except the Paddock store were using the uhf Kenwoods. Paddock store had generic CCRS.
NX-1300? is im guessing the model

87.7 Track PA, 464.525/469.525 155, 461.475 054, 464.375 054, Analog track freqs used

Nexedge kenwoods being used my most if not all employees, 464.325 TG11 Ran4 appears enc. 463.225 TG11 Ran3 appears enc. The Paddock store appears analog and using Baofeng CCRS

orange cross ambulance on site with ems, Sheboygan Sherrif as well

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
I believe the two NEXedge channels I caught were repeaters

nasty wrecks in transam. Gold Cross was very busy and didnt know what they were using. Probally tracks uhf nexedge

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
Just checked the dates. If only it wasnt same days as Ocktoberfest Race in Lacrossee

The track workers i saw had nexedge radios but im guessing there may be analog in the radios as well, Caught two uhf nexedge channels. few scattered analog. I need to look at there revised schedule i may be able to make a in week practice/qual day!

Status
Not open for further replies.