Road conditions MTO reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiofish4

I was just wondering what times are the road reports for the Bell FleetNet Zone 1? I know I heard them at 7:30pm but how many times of the day does MTO do there reports. Thanks everyone.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Monitoring from the Durham Region area, it seems they are currently running their nets during:

Zone 1 - 0500, 0900, 1430, 1930, 2330 patched via MTO Niagara.

Zone 2 - 0030, 0230, 0930, 1330, 1630, 2130 patched via MTO Grafton.

mmisk

Wonder if we will still be able to hear the road reports after the new system is complete and operational?

Claudiofish4

I hope we will still hear the system. Anyone know when it will be completed and up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if we will still be able to hear the road reports after the new system is complete and operational?

Supposedly based on a post here, MTO Maintenance will not be encrypted.

I hope we will still hear the system. Anyone know when it will be completed and up.

We have a discussion thread here: LMRN General Discussions

Based on posts across the past year on it... it would seem like there's a while to go on the new system. There is still very little activity overall on it.

Posts like this in September suggest there's quite a ways to go before it's ready:

I heard from another source who works for BMR saying nothing is really going on with the system. Most OPP cars don't have LMRN radios, EMS don't. The province hasn't paid a penny for the system at all yet, and its at kind of a standstill.
Can't see how the system can go live in two months. I've yet to see any activity (radio testing wise) on any of the new sites.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
While we're on the topic of the road reports. Lately I've been hearing the following patrols check in for the regular road reports. What district is this I'm guessing Huntsville? http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/on...rn-ontario-maintenance-contract-areas-map.pdf

What are the missing patrols and why am I hearing the road reports for this region off of the Barry's Bay tower?

Minden, Gravenhurst, Parry Sound talkgroups are being patched together for the reports. Regular operations I do not hear from those areas.

Patrol 2 -
Patrol 3 - Gravenhurst
Patrol 4 - Huntsville
Patrol 5 -
Patrol 5B -
Patrol 6 - Minden
Patrol 7 - Haliburton
Patrol 8 -
Patrol 9 -
Patrol 9B - Nipissing District

My Eastern Ontario patrols are as follows: MTO Highway Maintenance - The RadioReference Wiki
Patrol 51 - Kingston
Patrol 51E - Crosby
Patrol 51W - Kingston
Patrol 53 - Morrisburg
Patrol 54 - Kemptville
Patrol 60 - Grafton
Patrol 61 - Marysville
Patrol 61A - Bloomfield
Patrol 62E - Tweed
Patrol 62W - Madoc
Patrol 63 - ?
Patrol 70/71 - Cloyne/Denbigh
Patrol 72 - Dacre
Patrol 73 - Eganville
Patrol 75 - Barry's Bay
Patrol 76 - McNab Yard ? Maynooth?
Patrol 76E - Haley Station
Patrol 76W - Pembroke
Patrol 77 -
Patrol 77E - Carp
Patrol 77W - Carleton Place
Patrol 78E Vankleek Hill
Patrol 78W Carlsbad Springs
Patrol 79 - Kanata
Patrol 81 - Bow Lake
Patrol 82 - Youngs Point
Patrol 83 - Fraserville
Patrol 84 - Lindsay

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm able to monitor the Brantford tower so I will hear the MTO road reports for the entire London dispatch area , from Windsor to the GTA.

The MTO seem to report on the entire dispatch area.

Same for the GTA/Niagara, lots of patches and a large reporting area

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I'm able to monitor the Brantford tower so I will hear the MTO road reports for the entire London dispatch area , from Windsor to the GTA.

The MTO seem to report on the entire dispatch area.

Same for the GTA/Niagara, lots of patches and a large reporting area
Can you figure out the patrol yards for this entire area?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Easiest way I do it is just simply keep logging radio ID's during road reports. Listen for highway identifiers etc., the maps posted also above also helped along the way too.

My radio ID'ing is very meticulous. I try and grab everything that I can and edit them as time goes on. Makes the info on the screen that much more interesting. Once you figure out the radio ID's it will also help with identifying the proper talkgroups for MTO and what the general area is for each patrol. I should edit the wiki with my findings as posted above. I just don't venture much into that section.

Can you figure out the patrol yards for this entire area?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
A bit of a correction on my list above.

There is apparently 2 Patrol 76's neither use a directive indication such as north, east, west, or south. They are both McNab and Maynooth. I've often heard the check in as 76/81/82 and 76 check in as McNab.

I see Patrol 51 - Kingston and 51W - Kingston. I generally hear 51W check in on the reports. I'll keep an ear out for 51.

Patrol 74 is Barry's Bay. not 75.

That is all I have for now. The other patrols on the map not included in my list chances are I haven't heard them check in.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What area is this so it can be added to the wiki? MTO Highway Maintenance - The RadioReference Wiki

While we're on the topic of the road reports. Lately I've been hearing the following patrols check in for the regular road reports. What district is this I'm guessing Huntsville? http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/on...rn-ontario-maintenance-contract-areas-map.pdf

What are the missing patrols and why am I hearing the road reports for this region off of the Barry's Bay tower?

Minden, Gravenhurst, Parry Sound talkgroups are being patched together for the reports. Regular operations I do not hear from those areas.

Patrol 2 -
Patrol 3 - Gravenhurst
Patrol 4 - Huntsville
Patrol 5 -
Patrol 5B -
Patrol 6 - Minden
Patrol 7 - Haliburton
Patrol 8 -
Patrol 9 -
Patrol 9B - Nipissing District

gary123

Patrol 21 is used in west Perth County. I'll try and catch another road report and get a few more patrol areas.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm getting a decent feel for both 201 and London 445, recording on both a Home Patrol and the 436/100 scanners for the MTO.

I'll have a list by the end of the month for sure to offer out for both groups of scanners,

I made a post here about the EMS in Toronto and an offer to give out a updated group of RIDS but no one had asked for my lists.....

Sigh
U guys suck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.