Road Trip From L.A. to S.F. via the I-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomme

Listen to some of the fire channels...Kern, Fresno-Kings, Madera-Mariposa-Merced, and Santa Clara Cal Fire units should add some excitement.

Oh, don't forget, while traveling thru Stanislaus, our dispatch (153.770) and our command 3 (primary county command) 151.010 are repeated off Oso, so you'll hear them for a bit.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I drive I-5 often between either Sacramento & Los Angeles area or Sacramento & Redding. The listening options vary greatly depending on the time of day you make the trip. I like to drive down south between midnight & 6am on a weekday (not FRI or SAT nights). Certainly CHP is the top of my listening list, but there is not a huge amount of radio traffic from them at those hours. Cal Trans does a lot of work during the hours I make the trips, but traffic from them is not all that robust either.

My choices more recently have been to listen to LE in each county as I approach them and pass through. It is a pretty good amount of work to plan all frequencies you'll need in advance and program all the correct alpha tags. Alternately you could use 'search' mode on your scanner to find active stuff, but you won't necessarily know who you're hearing.

Eng74

I make that trip at least 10 times a year. I have season tickets for the 49ers. I have a bank or a system depending on the radio for Cal Fire that goes on from Kings County tell I hit Gilroy. We always cutacross the 152 to the 101 for the rest of the trip to the City. Then I have systems for each county and one bank for for all of the others up the valley.

kma371

QRT
Sorry, i didnt' know you had replied. PM me your email and I can send them

Status
Not open for further replies.