Road trip - Saskatoon to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all,

I'll be taking a road trip in a few days from Saskatoon to Edmonton. Mainly sticking to HWY 16.

Just curious from our Alberta members whats good listening along the way? So far I just have a few Fire dispatch and EMS channels but odds are they've migrated to AFRRCS and possibly encrypted (at least EMS).

Any idea if there's talk on Community Peace Officers - Provincial Radio Control Centre Talkgroups?

Thanks!

Andrew

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hello all,

I'll be taking a road trip in a few days from Saskatoon to Edmonton. Mainly sticking to HWY 16.

Just curious from our Alberta members whats good listening along the way? So far I just have a few Fire dispatch and EMS channels but odds are they've migrated to AFRRCS and possibly encrypted (at least EMS).

Any idea if there's talk on Community Peace Officers - Provincial Radio Control Centre Talkgroups?

Thanks!

Andrew

If on AFRRCS, Fire will not be encrypted. RCMP and EMS are, CPO is possibly in the clear.

Many fire departments are still conventional and a mix of DMR and analogue.

Don’t be surprised for it to be quiet outside the capital region and Lloyd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redtalon

Hello all,

Thanks!

Andrew
RCMP in Edmonton area up to and including Strathcona County are still on PACS. Everywhere east of there up to the SK border has migrated to AFRRCS and is encrypted. CPO and Fire on AFRRCS are not encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.