Road Trip

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone I'm planning a road trip from Cleveland Ohio to Tampa. I'l be spending 2 days in Raleigh. Ill be on I77 most of the time. Can someone provide me with the system the State Police use if they are on a system. I'm using and sds100 without GPS. Thanks in advance for any help!

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone I'm planning a road trip from Cleveland Ohio to Tampa. I'l be spending 2 days in Raleigh. Ill be on I77 most of the time. Can someone provide me with the system the State Police use if they are on a system. I'm using and sds100 without GPS. Thanks in advance for any help!
Hey there,

NC Highway Patrol will be found on the NC VIPER system; you’ll need to program the sites and Troops that would cover the region you’re traveling through. Troop C covers Raleigh, for example.

Welcome to the area!

PKnight56

Premium Subscriber
Here is the link to NCSHPs System: North Carolina VIPER Trunking System, Varies, Multi-State
Their talkgroups are grouped by district.

Make sure to choose the right district using the map here: https://files.nc.gov/ncdps/news-documents/SHPTroopdistrictmap.pdf
I think 77 runs through Troops E F and H. I dont know your route to raleigh, but we've got a P25 system as well separate from NCSHP on VIPER.

When programming sites for VIPER, you can select the closest sites using the map here: North Carolina VIPER Trunking System, Varies, Multi-State

Let me know if you have any questions, best of luck!

kb4mdz

For the love of all that is holy, stay out the left lane when not passing. Ohioans drive through NC all the time and y'all seem to love camping the left lane all the ways to Florida.
Not to get snarky about it, but it seems to be VERY common with SC drivers. In fact, I once asked a SC native transplanted to NC about why SC drivers camp in the left lane (every time I've driven thru SC) so much.
His response: "Two words - *ss H*le"

reconrider8

Not to get snarky about it, but it seems to be VERY common with SC drivers. In fact, I once asked a SC native transplanted to NC about why SC drivers camp in the left lane (every time I've driven thru SC) so much.
His response: "Two words - *ss H*le"
i know down in florence man the roads are terrible you have 2 valleys to drive in and you have to watch out even then youll bottom out from time to time