roanoke 2 trunking systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitto

i see a roanoke city/county trunking here:
Roanoke City / Roanoke County Trunking System, Roanoke, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
then i see a roanoke county trunked (project 25) here:
Roanoke County (Project 25) Trunking System, Roanoke, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies
i am confused. first of all i thought my pro-96 had to be rebanded for these, but it doesn't look like it.
secondly, whats the first trunk system for roanoke city.county?
i get the county police on the second trunk. star 25.
since they went digital, i thought i would have to reband.

bruch

Premium Subscriber
The City/County system was orginally started by the county, some years later the city bought in and it was expanded. Now the County is splitting the system again to go to P25. There are now 2 separate systems. The old City/County analog system is or will be only City. The new P-25 system will be County. The city is looking at converting back to the combined system and going P25 in several years. You may hear some City units on the county system when on Mutual Aid operations, but they will be on County P25 talkgroups. Normal operations will be separate.

musicman

I am hearing analog voice traffic on 854.9625, which used to me Roanoke City's mobile data terminals, according to my records. Since none of the conversations seem to stick on the frequency, I guess this freq has been made part of the city's trunk system. I wonder what other frequencies have been added.

Still wondering what I'm going to have to do to monitor the county system. How much does a Motorola cost?

musicman

Update: 854.9625 is licensed with 857.2625 and 858.2625 (WNHX913) and it appears all three frequencies now are in use as part of the city's trunked system.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing analog voice traffic on 854.9625, which used to me Roanoke City's mobile data terminals, according to my records. Since none of the conversations seem to stick on the frequency, I guess this freq has been made part of the city's trunk system. I wonder what other frequencies have been added.

Still wondering what I'm going to have to do to monitor the county system. How much does a Motorola cost?

All you need is a digital scanner. The GRE PRS-500/600, the Radio Shack Pro-106/197 (the GREs in Radio Shack badging), and the Uniden BCD396XT/996T. These are the current models (handheld listed first then the base/mobile) for the listed companies but older digital models will work too (although I think the newest models are truly better). If you can spare about $400 right now Scannermaster has a Black Friday through Cyber Monday (this coming Monday) sale on the GRE PSR-500 for $398. Personally the PSR-500, and its RS brother the Pro-106, are the best scanners I've ever owned

Status
Not open for further replies.