Roanoke TRS Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Premium Subscriber
The Roanoke City-County trunking system is scheduled to conduct some coverage testing this Wednesday from 9AM to around 4PM. The system is normally a 4-site 23-channel simulcast system. During the testing period, 2 sites will be disabled and the system will only be using the remaining 2 sites.

This reduced site system is what will be used during the move of the main county public safety center from Southview to the Cove Rd area. This move will require this reduction in system capacity and coverage since much of the system backbone equipment has to be relocated in phases.

The test this week is to help identify areas that will be problem coverage areas during the move and also to test the systems conventional repeaters (not trunked) that will be used for backup during the move.

So, you might want to listen to the conventional channels that day and see how the testing goes.....

John

musicman

Roanoke TRS

I heard some of that testing, confirmed that the mountaintop sites are on the frequencies found in FCC records and that the code for all is digital 023. Whatever sites have been disabled, it makes for lousy TRS reception in parts of south Roanoke County.

K4APR

John said:
This reduced site system is what will be used during the move of the main county public safety center from Southview to the Cove Rd area.

You just HAD to go and remind me of this to make my day, huh John? :D

Less that a week away from hell. I have been sitting in Plant/Meridian school all week preparing for the install of the new phone switch and PBX in the new building next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.