roaring noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooby123

Everything was doing find until about 3 months ago. Now I get a roaring noise on three frequencies. I have checked for updates for these sites and there have been none. It seems like when they key up I get roaring instead of voice. I have changed the setting to all for the analog and digital on these setting, still the same thing. This week I cleared everything off the radio and reprogrammed it with the frequencies I wanted including these frequencies, but no change, still roaring noise. All other frequencies seem to be working fine. I have Motorola trunked and P25 Phase II and other analog.

I live in Ridgeland Ms
the sites I am having problems with are Canton PD and MCSO frequencies.

What else do you suggest?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Madison County Law Enforcement runs NXDN Digital. There is only ONE brand of scanner currently that will be able to monitor NXDN in the near future. Whistler. You will need to have an TRX-1 or TRX-2. they currently can do Analog, P25 Phase I, Phase II, EDACS, and DMR. They will have an update for NXDN in the near future. But until Whistler releases the updates for NXDN, there is NO SCANNER CURRENTLY that can decode NXDN! Otherwise, you will need to use SDR, and DSD+.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Whistler is working on an fix for nxdn. Unknown exactly when it will be out.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Uniden has not stated they are even trying to do nxdn and claim issues with licensing etc. But with Uniden never believe what they say until you see it in reality.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.