Robert Wood Johnson and St Peters

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocop80

Does anyone happen to know the freq for the hospitals that BLS and ALS use when bringing in a patient to the hospital?

Thanks

robbinsj2

Occasionally JEMS-2 (155.340, PLs vary so use carrier squelch), rarely the Meds, but often (and almost always for ALS) cell phone.

Jim

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
You also might want to check the traditional Med Channels: 463.0000/468.0000 for Med-1 and progressing up in .025 (I believe) steps. Those are still used in many areas, but I know there were some changes in NJ. MONOC went to a much more complex system, and I'm not sure if the rest of the State followed.

Commonly, in my days in NJ, and the current practice since CMC's MEDCOMM Folded when they were bought out by MONOC, BLS does not call into ERs. They just show up unannounced. ALS Regulations (as long as they havent changed) still dictate the necessity for online medical control ie - limited standing orders with a large amount of direction provided by the ER doctor.

In a lot of places, NYC being one of them, Paramedics have been given a lot of freedom in the treatment they provide, so patient reports are a lot less detailed and occasionally not even given because the theory behind it is "the ER is going to be busy regardless, so just let them show up."

But, I digress :) Try the Med Channels.. that might be your best bet, or as stated above JEMS-2 155.340 is the old "HEAR" system, but its non-repeated VHF, so the range that you hear off of even a Mobile Radio might be limited.

Happy Scanning!

Scott

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep, give the MED channels a try. You're also listening to MedCentral Ops on 155.325. right?

robbinsj2

As I mentioned above, the Meds are used very rarely by Middlesex County ALS units and I don't know when the last time was that I heard a Somerset ALS unit on them. Your best bet to hear patient reports for SPUH & RWJUH is JEMS-2, but know that still a minority of reports go over that any more.

RWJUH & SPUH are/were simplex on the Meds so you have to be pretty close to hear the actual patient report there too. They used to be set up with a mobile extender on the higher of the frequency pair but then got in the habit of having the driver do it and relay instructions to the patient care medic via SPEN-4 or citywide or some other VHF channel.

At best the MedCentral Ops channel will have a very brief note -- "let the ER know this is a Code-40," (trauma alert) or "have security meet us for an EDP." It's a good channel to have for other reasons as is Middlesex VMARS-1 -- 151.16 -- but not for patient reports.

SCPD

QRT
Robocop,

I hope this helps? Here is information based on and from FCC license data.
This information is also available in various locations here at Radio Reference.
The links go directly to the FCC site.

There is a lot of frequency information here and some of it might not be what you want.
However, please just be patient and slowly go through the data and there is a good chance you will find some useful data.

Robert Wood Medical Center (New Brunswick)

KD48620 151.8650 Mobile
WNIZ743 152.0075 Paging
WQIF660 461.4750

KTD380 > ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KTD380 - ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL - Frequencies Summary (EMS Operations?)
WPBB869 > ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPBB869 - ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL - Frequencies Summary (Maint Operations)

Saint Peters Medical Center (New Brunswick)

WPNT553 > ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPNT553 - ST PETERS MEDICAL CENTER - Frequencies Summary (Maint?)
WPTZ953 > ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPTZ953 - Saint Peters University Hospital
WQP813 > ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQP813 - ST PETERS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL - Frequencies Summary
WQBW797 462.7500

Status
Not open for further replies.