Robeson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbo524

Jaded IT Guy
Recently moved to Robeson County. Looking for info on monitoring. I think County SO and Fire are on VIPER, but I'm not sure where some of the smaller towns' LEO are (particularly Parkton). Searched the forum and can't find anything mentioning Parkton (at least not in NC lol). Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hi! Congrats on your move. The locals can better answer questions about what is used. I can help out if you need any help programming. What scanner and programming software are you using?

bilbo524

Jaded IT Guy
I've got a few. I currently use a Unication G5 for P25 stuff (since it handles simulcast well) and a BCD536HP for everything else.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Although the Robeson Co database does not mention VIPER, there are a large number of talkgroups listed. The 2 VIPER sites in Robeson Co don't show to be simulcast, so the 536 should handle that with no problem. The license of the Proctorville site shows it was cancelled in 2014. One of the locals hopefully will give info on the Proctorville site and the use of VIPER. I will be working on a favorites list for VIPER.

bilbo524

Jaded IT Guy
I'm right near the county line, so the closest site is still a Cumberland County one. I'm squared away on VIPER, I just wish I could find info on Parkton and if they are dispatched by the county or use the Small Town PD TG on VIPER or what. The department is so small and slow that I'm not sure if I have not found the proper freq or TG or I'm just missing dispatches lol

n4dbm

Robeson does use VIPER for the most part for fire, EMS and law. The two main towers for VIPER are Proctorville and Saint Pauls (WUNU-TV tower). The Fayetteville Spectrum tower probably also handles some of Robeson, too..

They do, however, still use 450 and 460 MHz for law, and 155.xxx MHz for fire and rescue. Proctorville has receivers, while the main transmitter site is at Saint Pauls (with receivers there, too). Robeson uses 155.160 with PL 210.7 for rescue (simulcast with VIPER). Do a search here for Robeson county scanner frequencies and plug those in. They are transmitting analog narrow-band. If you're within 25 miles of the Saint Pauls tower, you won't even need an external antenna to monitor.

Best luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.