Rochester FD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
No. It's still several years out.

Also, the Monroe system is Phase 1. Only Genesee is Phase 2, and not connected Monroe.

The database is misleading.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber

Also, the Monroe system is Phase 1. Only Genesee is Phase 2, and not connected Monroe.

Can Genesee still be included with the rest of the system if that's the case? Or do you have to separate it and make it it's own system?

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
It's technically it's own system right now. They are not connected.... yet.

It is unknown when (or how) that will happen.

The same is true with Orleans. (It's a Phase1, but not yet connected)

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks pager

I should probably clarify though... I have the entire system loaded into one "Mon-Tario" public safety scanlist/system. Will that get everything listed properly or should I separate them accordingly? (yes, I have the type 2 ability)

Thanks again

RF-Burns

Now that the database has been upgraded for Monroe County Fire Channels 1-5, are the VHF Channels being simulcasted on the Harris System?

D

DaveNF2G

There was a discussion about this issue (the not-really-linked trunked systems) somewhere recently. The RRDB rules dictate that systems that are "supposed to be" interconnected have to be listed as a single system regardless of actual configuration. Hence the "database is misleading" comment by another poster in this thread.

AlexC

Database Admin
It's one of those I'm happy to do it but I don't know the steps in the db to do it right. I'm happy to make all the changes, but I also don't have a number of hours to sit there and QC everything to do it. TPG's suggestion is the right way - I also don't want to break anything either... I usually just modify the conventional stuff :p

Alex

D

DaveNF2G

I don't think regular users can manipulate the RRDB directly anyway. The way to make changes is to submit the information in the format used by the DB and let the admins make the changes.

RF-Burns

The Database shows Monroe County Fire 1-5 and MC Probation now on the Harris System. I know that non of us in the fire department are using the Harris Radios nor are any probation officers that I know. So, are the county fire channels being simulcasted on the system along with the MC Probation or are these talk groups just for future use? I'm out of town so I can't listen

Status
Not open for further replies.