Rock Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmotionracing

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody heard any testing out of Rock county yet? I don't know if they are going to be part of WISCOM or have a system just for Rock. Kind of waiting to get new scanners till I know for sure what they are running. Talked to a Beloit officer and he said they have new radios at the station but he has not seen any of them in use yet.

stevejacobson

Rock County will be using their own P25 conventional system. County fire, Beloit PD, Janesville PD and the RC Sheriff's Office will all be going digital sometime in April (testing should begin next month).

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
Its really unknown if Rock Co is gonna use there own P25 system yet its only in the talks as of right now ! I caught wind that they were gonna Test the system not fully use the system as of yet.... FCC website for the the Call Sign KSB423 says they have a pending change all though it does not give detail of all the changes but it does state that they are changing there freq to 154.18000 mhz soo its unknown what changes they have coming.... but its not set in stone that they are going P25

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applTransLog.jsp?applID=6570292

stevejacobson

With all due respect, it is set in stone. The P25 equipment is already installed for all the departments I listed above and post calibration, ready for testing. If testing goes well, the switch over should start in April (will probably get pushed back) with the entire county using P25 by the fall.

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
I was told by a sheriff's deputy that they were only testing the system as of right now and that it wasn't set in stone that they were going P25 City of Beloit, City of Janesville and Rock PD Has the new radio's but County Fire Departments dont Have P25 Equipment yet not even pagers only thing they have is Portable radios.....

Status
Not open for further replies.