Rock Falls Ambulance?

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Ok an strange one. I just heard on the local EMS computerized dispatch talkgroup (SARA TG 58289)
"Medic 17 respond to xxx Myrtle Street in Rock Falls. It then sent a new dispatch as "Medic 10 respond to Myrtle Street in Rock Falls".
Question I have is has MedicEMS in Davenport have taken over the ambulance service in Rock Falls?
I find this odd as they can not keep staff levels in Mercer County above one unit. So taking over another area is hard to believe. I have not seen any press releases about this either.

Mex

Did they give a Priority Dispatch Code or say nature? Could've been a interfacility transport/transfer back home? Looking at MedicEMS's website it says the operate out of Clinton also. Could've been mutual aid since CGH & Advance runs out of Medics rather quickly sometimes.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Did they give a Priority Dispatch Code or say nature? Could've been a interfacility transport/transfer back home? Looking at MedicEMS's website it says the operate out of Clinton also. Could've been mutual aid since CGH & Advance runs out of Medics rather quickly sometimes.

The call was of a non-emergency nature. Neither ambulance number operates out of Clinton unless it was a temporary assignment or even a mistake. Which I doubt as I heard Medic 10 talking with dispatch later. So it might a transfer for some reason. Just never heard of any calls for Sterling-Rock Falls area before. MedicEMS sometimes has what they call Condition Red where they pull rural units to the outer areas of the metro area. Then all units run Code 3 for everything to and from calls even if of a routine nature till Condition Yellow or even Green is announced.
I should mention dispatches are done in plain language. Also if they were going out of Town they would change their ID as "Out of Town _ " for the computer system but still use their normal unit number on the air. At least you would hear the dispatcher telling them to do it which I did not.

Last edited:

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
My guess is they could have been doing an interfacility transport. I was in my car listning to my mobile up in wisconsin and started pulling in traffic from Illinois from where I was at and happen to catch CGH putting a run out yesterday. CGH is still on there assigned freq of 155.220

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Since that time have not heard any interesting calls like this one. Since I moved in 2019 to an apartment bldg. I no longer have an outside antennae that I could hear the fringe areas like Sterling-Rock Falls. I am leaning to a transport. I have since paid more interest in the outside of the area transport calls. When I was working back around ten-fifteen years ago. We had an ambulance pick up a employee and bring him into work where he sat in the medical office till they came to take him home. Just so they could claim no loss of work. It was a ninety mile one way trip.