Rock Rapids / Lyon County

csharper

Hi All,
I've set up an sdr rig in hopes to stream more stuff from the Rock Rapids, IA (Lyon County) Area. The only real meaningful stuff I've heard on the local ISICS is 5105 (Law 5B - District #5 & #6/DPS- Area B), which I believe is already streamed on RadioReference. Does anyone have experience with this area - is that all I would expect to hear?

Also, attempting to verify if the details for local Rock Rapids services are current ( Lyon County, Iowa (IA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference ). I'll keep banging away, just thought I'd reach out if anyone had more current info already. That local P25 entry seems a bit suspect.

Thanks!

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys. Sorry I didn't see this until now. I'm in Rock Rapids and I'm probably the biggest scanner geek for 50 miles around. On ISICS locally, yes, there isn't much. State patrol and the regional call channel (R3 CALL 31) and that's about it. Every once in a while maybe a helicopter flying to Sioux City... sometimes the monthly health network test net. Very minimal traffic. Local law traffic is on 156.210 P25. The analog is still listed, as once in a great while, they will use an analog radio. Very seldom though. The repeater does do both, I'm pretty sure. Also check out the wiki that I wrote. It's mostly still current: Lyon County (IA) - The RadioReference Wiki. Any questions, let me know. I try to stay on top of it.