Rockaway Park Lifeguards Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I go to Rockaway Park in Queens, NY quite often during the summer and never able to capture the correct frequency used by their lifeguards. The listed frequency is 155.265 and I have even tried the NYC Beach patrol listed frequency of 155.895 and they are always quiet. Can anyone confirm their correct frequency? Thanks!

Analogrules

Thanks! I would still think it would be simulcasted on its original frequency. Interesting. I should be out there tomorrow and I will post if I can capture anything using my scanner's close call feature. Thanks again.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
They don't link to the old stuff and close call probably won't do you much good with trunking.

Analogrules

Never made it out there on Monday, but will definitely post if anything comes up next time I'm there.

Analogrules

If anyone else has some good non-trunked frequencies to listen to out on Rockaway Park, please feel free to post. I appreciate it. I already have the obvious police, Fire, EMS channels.

Analogrules

UPDATE

UPDATE: I was out on the beach for several hours yesterday, sitting very close to the lifeguards. Not one time did I see or hear them use a radio of any kind. In fact, there was an incident when a little girl got lost and couldn't locate her family, and the lifeguards used hand signals towards the lifeguards at the next station to let them know what has happening. Strange! No radios were used at all to communicate. The beach patrol police officers did check in with lifeguards from time to time (in person). So, it appears they decided to nix the radios this year. Maybe too many broke last year and they didn't have money in their budget to replace them.

Analogrules

If anyone learns more information about this, please post an update. I am curious if Coney Island also stopped using radios for lifeguards.

Analogrules

Thanks for the update Nawton. However, I was out on the beach for most of the afternoon today and the lifeguards at Rockaway Park were definitely not using radios of any kind. I was literally right next to them and can confirm this. However, I did see a few guys in Green polo shirts on the walkway that said NYC Parks Security, and they were carrying large , bulky radios (they were very active too). That's probably who you're hearing on the Trunked system I would imagine. I am just curious if these radios used by the NYC Parks Dept are also simulcasted on any conventional frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.