Rockaway Twp. Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
If you are referring to the FD 154.220 repeater that's hard to believe they are at 11w ERP as they too have a smokin signal with so much terrain between us. I deleted them a long time ago as the audio was so terrible I could not stand to listen. Hard to believe anyone can tolerate that.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Anyone know how they will page out the FD?

And to r60, they have a banging signal, but you are right, awful to listen to at times.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know how they will page out the FD?
And to r60, they have a banging signal, but you are right, awful to listen to at times.

I sure hope they don't use a single repeater in mixed mode. If they do they will miss pages and not know it. Say an incident is in progress and they talking on one of the slots. While talking they request an additional alarm. When they continue to talk the conventional side of the mixed mode will not be available. I see a problem with that.My .02.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I suppose there is no real way to simulcast, so this is a solid switch, correct? I swore I just heard them on truck and scanner the other night.

Where or how are they paging the volunteers?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
OK, so FD is dispatching on their VHF channel and switching up, but now I have a BCD325p2 and a BCD536 and I am not seeing the ability to program the slot in either one. I would suspect maybe the 536 before the 325p2, but, it is sort of annoying not being able to simply tune into the fire or the PD (I generally would tune to fire).... thoughts? Anyone figure this out? I am using ARCBASIC as I have never been able to figure out Senteninnal.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The only way to break Rockaway down by TG and slot is to create a totally separate entry as an OFT. You cannot add any TG or slot data in a standard conventional entry.

Only the Whistler models can do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

slingshot202

Feed Provider
The only way to break Rockaway down by TG and slot is to create a totally separate entry as an OFT. You cannot add any TG or slot data in a standard conventional entry.

Only the Whistler models can do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think you have lost me! :-(

RocketNJ

OFT does not work on conventional DMR where they are using RAS. With the latest beta .29 firmware
OFT misses about 50% of transmissions on a RAS enabled channel vs straight conventional DMR channel programming.(Pequannock PD)

Status
Not open for further replies.