Rockdale County, GA - New radio system up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I hear little in Rockdale, and none of Henry county! I'm only in Stone Mountain and should hear them. Is Rockdale on the freqs listed in RRDB ?

ProducerGuy

Did they say whether or not the system would be fully encrypted.....like several other systems we could mention ? Or did they keep their heads about themselves and severely limit the secrecy ?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Did you read the article above?
from the comments made by someone claiming to be a 40 year veteran of the Rockdale S.O and spearheading the project., the word "encryption so the bad guys can't hear us" was the mantra given in his comments.

The system is up, so once those with digital scanners in the coverage area can start reporting, it's anyone's guess as to what WILL be encrypted. My money says most all LE will be. But that is just MY opinion.

rapidcharger

Did you read the article above?
from the comments made by someone claiming to be a 40 year veteran of the Rockdale S.O and spearheading the project., the word "encryption so the bad guys can't hear us" was the mantra given in his comments.

Technically....... The quote was "...the digital trunking is used so the bad guys can not hear our communications," it didn't specifically say encryption.

And technically it was some retired deputy (not specifically of Roackdale) of "35 years" that was doing the commenting and not the guy who spearheaded the project and was the crowning achievement of his 40 year career. Although..... seeing as how the above referenced quote says "...can not hear our communications," and another quote that said "...having our pay cut." If he was retired, wouldn't it say "their" and not "our" :confused: Something tells me that deputy may not be so retired after all. Just a sneaking suspicion.

The devil's in the details.

Sorta like those vendor contracts.

CapStar362

hey, who is feeding Conyers? i noticed a feed went up couple months ago? sucks i cannot hear SO anymore

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
If you enter some of the Simulcast frequencies in by themselves, you can here some fire and PD traffic. 852.650, 853.5750

iamretired911

If you enter some of the Simulcast frequencies in by themselves, you can here some fire and PD traffic. 852.650, 853.5750

So my question is, is there any scanner out there that will hear them any longer or have the become like Henry County, and they are a closed system?

I have confirmed that the HP-1 will not receive Rockdale fire and I believe Conyers PD is also switching over with Rockdale fire.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Rockdale

So my question is, is there any scanner out there that will hear them any longer or have the become like Henry County, and they are a closed system?

I have confirmed that the HP-1 will not receive Rockdale fire and I believe Conyers PD is also switching over with Rockdale fire.

I believe that you can hear some of the traffic on a digital scanner like the 996XT and x36 series, but it's sketchy. I have heard some fire and PD, but I also see the P25 come up with ENC (Encrypted) traffic. They have been re-banded on some channels, but the majority are probably encrypted.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Try downloading all the freqs from RR database and you will find fire on the simulcast freqs.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I did that when I had the HP-1 and it was quiet. I am thinking they are encrypted now.

It's quiet a lot, but I hear clear transmission on 852.6500, 854.0875 (Conyers), 853.575 (Fire) other than that, nothing. I see the ENC traffic on the 852.6500 as well as clear traffic.

iamretired911

It's quiet a lot, but I hear clear transmission on 852.6500, 854.0875 (Conyers), 853.575 (Fire) other than that, nothing. I see the ENC traffic on the 852.6500 as well as clear traffic.

Thanks, well I guess I don't think it would be a good idea to go and get a scanner just for this. Oh well, it use to be good but I guess it is better for them if the system is better than what they had before.
I hate being in the dark.

nunyax

Any digital-capable trunking scanner should receive Rockdale. Their control channel is 856.5375 with RCSO dispatch on TGID 1 and Fire/EMS Dispatch on TGID 100. The signal is so poor at my location I don't monitor it but I did today on my PRO-106 just to verify it can still be received in the clear.

CapStar362

hey Chuck, just a FYI, you misspelled "STONE" Mountain...

never heard of Sone Mountain..... :p just thought id give you a heads up on that

Status
Not open for further replies.