Rockford Area Scanner Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hi,

We are starting a Rockford Area Scanner Club. We would like for you to join us.

Our website - RockfordScanner.com

Our Goals - Meet other scanner hobbyist, share frequencies and ideas, etc...

Be sure to join us!

Scanner enthusiasts, Ham radio operators, and anyone who is interested in radios!

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
We are going to be holding a meeting soon, to meet other scanner enthusiasts in the Rockford area.

Please let us know what days and times you are more than likely free, so we have a rough idea on when to set up the meetings.

4199629737_279b56a71a_o.gif

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hmmmm grrrrrrrr. My Goodness! The "Lodge" has some competition?

;)

Hi,

competition......nope. just offering a club in the Rockford area. :)

We would like if CARMA and our group got together sometime and talked and shared some ideas. But we have yet to hear from them.

Theres alot of activity in the Rockford area on the airwaves, and Chicago is too far away for a group in the Rockford area.

We wanted to focus a group solely in the Winnebago County area. (Rockford)

jobes

Feed Provider
Competition is always good in the semi still free market:roll:. Good luck guys! But I'm kinda stuck in between Chicago and Rockford.

N9JIG

Sheriff
More power to ya, we are always ready and willing to help others create groups and get-togethers.

We have a lot of information on our Profiles page for the area and if you start a Yahoo Group I will be happy to upload copies to your group of our Profiles for the area. We prefer to upload these files ourselves, so that when we update them we can replace the old files with the new ones. (One member cannot delete the files uploaded by another...)

I did get your email, and will respond with some tips about what we have learned in the last 20 years or so of club operations. I also know that some of our members live in the Rockford area.

If you are a member of the CARMA Yahoo List feel free to post a message there about your club, perhaps some of the 1500 or so subscribers might be interested. I get to the area a couple times a month myself so I will be joining.

Good luck and Happy Scanning!

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hi Scannerman,

You need to re-register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

There was a database crash. So I had to restart it from scratch again.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: You need to Re-Register on RockfordScanner.com

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
you should be good, i just activated ya.

(check your email address you signed up with, the confirmation link is there. possibly in the spam folder. It helps reduce spam bots)

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
RockfordScanner.com updates!

We have added A LOT of updates to the website, be sure to come check them out!

Staff list, profile comments, event registrations, member awards, a shop, plus much more!

If anyone has trouble registering, let me know.

epdexplorer

i wanted to check out your website but it keeps saying internet explorer cannot display the webpage. is the site down? otherwise i don't know what is happening.
Thanks

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
i wanted to check out your website but it keeps saying internet explorer cannot display the webpage. is the site down? otherwise i don't know what is happening.
Thanks

Hi Scott,

The site is not down. Have you tried it with Firefox?

I been on the site all day, several others as well. Sounds like it may be your computer, internet explorer.

You might want to try to clear your cookies in your internet explorer. That may help you.

epdexplorer

i've tried clearing cookies, didn't work, tried safari, didn't work, downloaded firefox, that didn't work. nothing is working for me.

*edit 19:27*
I can only view it in Cached mode, and it is all messed up, but it is only a snapshot, i can't click or do anything.

Last edited:

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
it is working for everyone else. i have no idea why its not working for you, weird.

might be software problem on your computer, wish i had an answer for you, but i have no idea

epdexplorer

is anyone using vista? thats my program... it should not be doing this, its only your website. i really want to see it... hopefully soon! Thanks for your help

N9JIG

Sheriff
Competition is always good in the semi still free market:roll:. Good luck guys! But I'm kinda stuck in between Chicago and Rockford.

I must have missed this post the first time around...

There is also a scanner group centered on McHenry County, I think they have occasional get-togethers in Algonquin or LITH. They used to have a web site, but that appears to be down. Try them at
MHCMG : Mc Henry Co Monitoring Group

N9JIG

Sheriff
i've tried clearing cookies, didn't work, tried safari, didn't work, downloaded firefox, that didn't work. nothing is working for me.

*edit 19:27*
I can only view it in Cached mode, and it is all messed up, but it is only a snapshot, i can't click or do anything.

Must be something on your end. It works fine on my Mac, my Vista Home Premium (using MSIE) machine as well as XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.