Rockford Fire Automated Dispatch/ Starcom21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9tsu

Howdy,

Heard Rockford Fire on Fire-1 (151.175) this morning using an automated voice to dispatch their calls from roughly 7:30AM until about 10AM. After that, they stopped using it and began having the dispatcher announce calls and it has remained that way all afternoon.

I heard another local state that they plan on switching to Starcom shortly.

Anyone else heard any rumors or updates? I'm assuming they were testing the auto-dispatch, but not sure if it indicates a possible switch to Starcom (such as an auto-dispatcher announcing calls on VHF and radio traffic being on SC21).

Also, side note, Rockford Fire does simulcast Fire-1 on Starcom, however it is encrypted. I did confirm it is still actively simulcasting as there is certainly encrypted traffic on that talk group.

ltginrage

Rockford fire is simulcasted to the sc21 tg. The use151.175 CSQ for station alerting during night and they keep the radios on all day to here when there is a call going out.

k9tsu

Correct, however today an automated voice dispatch system was utilized instead of the dispatcher, and apparently a plan to go to SC21 full time. Was wondering if anyone can confirm those plans.

k9tsu

Louction Dispatching is becoming the norm https://www.locution.com/ ... I would say they will keep the 151.175 as Itginrage stated, but use SC plus MDTs for all the enroute and on scene traffic, sry for the ENC :(
They are 100% clear on VHF, which is used for their daily operations, but the simulcast is ENC. Seems silly to ENC something that is already in the clear. If they do switch to SC, will be interesting to see if they remain ENC.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, our FD does the same thing, initial tone-out and dispatch simulcast on VHF and SC21... but enroute and on-scene comms on SC21 only, unless multiple agencies which may not have our TGs are involved. Fortunately not ENC.

Status
Not open for further replies.