Rockford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
My guess is that the police channels were less crowded than the existing fire channels, or that the police VHF infrastructure had better coverage.

I think your right. It may have better range and coverage for their radios.

I used to pickup the fire engines mobiles, they were scratchy. Now, when I hear them on the new freq. I can hear them as if they are next door. It did make one heck of a difference on my scanner when they switched over.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
From just me monitoring, it is definitely dispatch and mobiles for sure that I have heard. I am still monitoring them and can tell you more later on if anything changes.

BCFlash

I appreciate the efforts of the person who is putting up the Winnebago and Boone Co. scanner feed. I would like to make one request, the 154.190 freq. used by the suburban Rockford fire depts. used to come in loud and clear on the feed, now it is weak and often barely readable. I would be happy to contribute toward a better antenna or some other solution to improve the coverage. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

hrfireman

I have much better reception on the old police channels than the old fire. I know 151.175 works off of a repeater so they have much better signals. I just have'nt figured out what they are calling these new channels. I think they are using 151.175 as main so far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.