Rockford IL PD 800mhz P25 license grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure I was hearing encrypted traffic on 856.7625 this morning getting ready for work. Sounded just like the system Cherry Valley PD put in on their talk around freq... Shhhhhbeep shhhhhhbeep..

ltginrage

Should I put this in a P25 system (single freq or regual system) or a conventional P25 channel on the 325P2?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I get all the traffic on a conventional p25 single freq. I put it in as a trunked system and get nanda. Also, so far only three 2 freqs I've mentioned above have had any traffic

Remington12G

GØT AES?
If you put it in as One Freq then you can log RID"s, that's the only advantage I see.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
And since I haven't done an update 857.7625 is up to 3112 hits last heard 9/27/2020, and 856.7625 is up to 475 hits last heard 9/4/2020.. Not a lot of usage, and I haven't heard traffic in a while..

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Might be why I havent heard anything. I have it in mine as a P25 trunked. And havent heard a thing lol.
Glad you asked ibertrang! I figured with the freq range, it was P25 trunked.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Might be why I havent heard anything. I have it in mine as a P25 trunked. And havent heard a thing lol.
Glad you asked ibertrang! I figured with the freq range, it was P25 trunked.
I have it in both ways, and conventional seems to be the way it's going to be used. Trunked hasn't had a single hit.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Another month, another update.. 857.7625 is up to 5544 hits, the other freq is no longer on screen since I braincramped and told Proscan to delete all rows..

Overall a completely under used system so far..

VASCAR2

Any chance this 800 MHz frequency is used for data or telemetry? I could see a county using such a system to monitor prisoners with ankle bracelets or inmate work crews around the county. I think a CAD system using IWIN or STARCOM radios can get location but those systems are not set up to monitor inmates tracking devices. This might explain no audio and the number of hits. You’d think there would be system for randomly checking locations.

A lot of inmates with ankle bracelets use internet connectivity to confirm the inmate stays in close proximity to the internet at residence. There could be a system set up to track individuals that are permitted to be mobile for work.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I would think the hit count would be massive if it was a system such as that.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Well, another month another update.. Same counts as last time.. Think I'm done scanning this.. May revisit it later...

Status
Not open for further replies.