Rockford IL PD 800mhz P25 license grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASCAR2

I wonder if this could be backup transmitter in the event Starcom goes completely down. If the site looses connectivity or the site controller goes down StarCom goes into soft mode where a mobile can comminicate if his radio affiliates with a site. I’m not sure if a multi site simulcast system works the same as stand alone sites. In soft mode a stand alone site reverts to a single Repeater and you can only communicate with radios affiliated with that site. At least with a conventional 800 system you might be able to cover the whole city with mobiles on simplex or duplex with a mobile relay.

I don’t think Rockford has any VHF radios in their patrol cars (no vhf antennas on cars) and I don‘t remember seeing their officers with dual band APX portables.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The build out final date is a year from now, so it could be a while before we really hear anything

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Appears maybe some testing going on. Proscan caught 292 hits on 857.7625 for 33 seconds, between 04/05/20 23:17:41, 04/06/20 01:42:02, RSSI here was 173.

Now that there may actually be something to catch, I'll hook up the audio recording.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Woke up to a bunch more hits (up to 394 now). Had the scanner on an indoor antenna for last nights weather event. Heard some of the traffic and it almost sounds like an automated voice message of some sort, longest signal was 33 seconds. 857.7625 is the only freq with hits. Back on the outdoor antenna now waiting to catch more. Couldn't hook up audio recording as the line out jack seems to be bad on the spare scanner.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Beginning to think everything I caught was some sort of band opening. 90% sure after my last post I was hearing DMR on the 857.7625 freq. Haven't heard a peep since.

ilgrant

Woke up to a bunch more hits (up to 394 now). Had the scanner on an indoor antenna for last nights weather event. Heard some of the traffic and it almost sounds like an automated voice message of some sort, longest signal was 33 seconds. 857.7625 is the only freq with hits. Back on the outdoor antenna now waiting to catch more. Couldn't hook up audio recording as the line out jack seems to be bad on the spare scanner.
Regarding the bad line out jack...if it is a Uniden is the REC OUT enabled for the channel you were monitoring?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Yup, it's buggered. But it's my spare, so it's no big deal. Used to be in my truck, and if I can come up with a way to put it in my Jeep, it'll go out there..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
857.7625 P25 Convetional has had a bunch of hits, including today hearing someone saying "Testing Portable". Most hits are click click gone, but this one actually had voice. May be something happening finally.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Been quiet since the testing 5-27, although I continue to see morning tropo openings once in a while. This morning heard reference to district 11 (Apparently construction in the area, down to one lane), and district 14.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Today Proscan shows it logged 200 hits on 856.7625 36:47 in total duration.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Monthly update.. So far Proscan has logged 2447 hits on 857.7625 for a total duration of 29:34, and 283 hits on 856.7625 for a total duration of 00:00.

Haven't heard any major traffic I could attribute to Rockford since the testing in May.. Still get the occasional opening in the mornings, but they are becoming fewer as the atmosphere cools a little (Finally).

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Monthly update.. So far Proscan has logged 2447 hits on 857.7625 for a total duration of 29:34, and 283 hits on 856.7625 for a total duration of 00:00.

Haven't heard any major traffic I could attribute to Rockford since the testing in May.. Still get the occasional opening in the mornings, but they are becoming fewer as the atmosphere cools a little (Finally).

Do you monitor it 24/7? or just whenever you get time?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
24/7 Running Proscan on my feed computer and my spare 996P2. Unfortunately I can't record with that scanner, but I can log hits.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I was going to help monitor that system and help you out. And I was kinda wondering if it was a certain time, thank you for the response above. I am unable to monitor 24/7, but can try helping you listen to help out when I can. I have had mine on the last 48 hours monitoring it, and not 1 hit yet. I do have the recording capabilities, so if they do talk it will record. But at the same time, if it is encrypted it won't log the hit. So I am wondering if that may be why I haven't logged nay hits in the last 48 hours

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
It's on my spare, which has nothing to do until I can get my truck fixed. So it's not a big deal.. I've heard some testing, but I'd bet 98% of the hits were tropo openings. Nothing of any real interest yet to say which department is going to utilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.