Rockford & Winn County Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

huhwhut

On Monday, Oct 9, 2006 Rockford and Winnebago County 911 centers changed. What what I gather there are now two different centers one downtown and one called River Bluff Dispatch Center and the old center at the fire department headquarters is closing.

I believe in my short listening time that a few things have changed:
what use be be Control 1 (County West) is now TAC 1 154.55
what use to be Control 2 (County East) is now TAC 3 155.415
and I'm not sure, but I thought I heard what use to be the Loves Park Police 155.190 being called TAC 3 and I thought I head county units 1 Adam XX being dispatched on it.

As I figure stuff out I'll post it.

If anyone else has anything it would be helpful.

John
k9jrh

BCFlash

The main change is the 911 telephone answering and radio dispatching. The county built a new center on North Main St., near the River Bluff Nursing Home. All 911 calls from outside of Rockford are supposed to be answered there. The Rockford center in the old fire station was not closed, in fact it was upgraded and still handles the 911 calls from Rockford.

As to who is dispatched from what center, that is a little more confusing. The Rockford center obviously handles all the city traffic but still dispatches some of the volunteer fire depts. around the city. The new county center handles the rest. I believe that Loves Park will now close their dispatch center, which was the official backup for the 911 system. The city and county centers can back up each other as needed. As time goes on I think we will see more of the smaller FDs move alarm dispatch from the city to the county center.

There is a small backup radio room in the Emergency Sevices (ESDA) basement area of the downtown Public Safety Building but it isn't setup as a 911 center.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I believe in my short listening time that a few things have changed:
what use be be Control 1 (County West) is now TAC 1 154.55
what use to be Control 2 (County East) is now TAC 3 155.415
and I'm not sure, but I thought I heard what use to be the Loves Park Police 155.190 being called TAC 3 and I thought I head county units 1 Adam XX being dispatched on it.

Tac 1 is then 154.755 (not 154.55)
Tac 3 is then 155.415 (or is it Tac-2?)
155.19 is also Tac 3 or???? 156.7 PL???
(1AXX sounds like EMS units, but would be Jo Daviess County units)

What is Loves Park Police on now??

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.