Rockingham Sheriffs Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have been listening to the Rock A, B, and C channels before they went all to repeaters. I noticed that the town of Newfields went back to Newmarket again. I also want to say, the Rock east repeater reception is extremely poor. If I can hear the Sheriffs office transmitting, I can only get Rock West and that's all choppy and garbled. Please note I am receiving on Motorola Astro Spectra VHF radios. The database claims nothing has been changed since they got away with A, B, C and went to east and west all repeaters. I am 10 minutes away from the county complex and it doesn't matter if I am in Stratham, Kensington, or Epping. Nothing comes in at all including if I am on my base radios with power supplies and base antennas. The farthest scan channels I have on my radios are Capital Fire Dispatch and NHSP D and at times I can loose reception but they are always coming in. Does anyone have any more info regarding Rock East and West?

Thank You

dgregjones

I live in Epsom, which borders Rock County, and my scanners are silent even with a discone antenna on the roof. I have to be in the mobile headed toward Northwood to hear anything, which I don't get there often. However, I recall being able to receive Rock County east and west clearly.
Good luck.

jmfirefighter

The Rockingham County Sheriffs Office is currently transmitting in Linear Simulcast Modulation (LSM) that is a Motorola flavor of CQPSK.

There were a significant number of changes to their radio system following the switch from A-B-C to East and West, to include antenna radiation patterns, power outputs, and the change to a four site simulcast system. All of the changes were done to comply with the existing FCC licenses for power output, transmit location, and antenna height.

mainetrunk

I'm fairly close to portsmouth, and with the discone antenna, rock west gives the pro 197 , 4 solid bars with the 5th bar flickering. Rock east has same results. They used to flood me

KB1VLA

I only listen to the East Channel (154.950), and it is a hard copy in the Portsmouth/Newington (and southern York County) area with significant simulcast distortion.

Jmfirefighter,

I have Motorola Astro Spectra W4 radios and XTS3000 portables. I can do my own radio programming. I have the receive only frequency put in with the NAC of 117. (As funny as it looked) the transmit channels for Rock A B and C ended up being transmit or receive frequency for now the East and West only channels. Going back to my original statement, I can still but rarely pick up Rock East and more or less Rock West now and again. Let's just say it appears the antenna reception really dropped. On scan, these two channels were so hot they were constantly parked on those two channels more than any other scan channel. Now I never get them on scan. When a major call goes out, like the 100 mile an hour pursuit from North Hampton and the car was ditched in Stratham, I had to manually switch the channel over, it will not park on scan. Do you have any advice for channel programming? The channels are in their as 154.815 and 154.950 at 117 Nac but are their any key factors in the programming that needs adjustment? Thanks

jmfirefighter

There is a known firmware issue with Astro Spectras and XTS series radios that cause issues with scanning CQPSK/LSM channels.

R2JOHN

Premium Subscriber
Rockingham County

I live in Brentwood and all of a sudden around Sept.1 radio transmissions became broken and unreadable. Both East and West. I could not figure what was the problem was till I read this post. So my PRO 106 will not be able to listen to simulcast? So I need a new Scanner?
Thanks.

KB1VLA

The Pro-106 can receive simulcast transmissions, but they are harder for the scanner to decode. You can try moving the scanner to a different spot, or turning on the attenuator for the Rock County freqs.

ecps92

Exactly - lots of experimenting, to also include trying a paperclip :cool:
The Pro-106 can receive simulcast transmissions, but they are harder for the scanner to decode. You can try moving the scanner to a different spot, or turning on the attenuator for the Rock County freqs.

R2JOHN

Premium Subscriber
I did turn on the attenuator and at least most of the time received ok. Some broken transmissions. But a big improvement. Just using the inside antenna.
Thanks,

So what I had gathered, I have gone into the software.

Conventional personality, in the astro tab, I have changed the Digital Modular Type over to CQPSK rather than the standard C4FM. I haven't uploaded the changes yet to my truck radios, but here and there I still am briefly picking up the channels on scan, more or less Rock West. I hope the editing will help, but from was I was told, my radios are now out dated. XTS3000 and Astro Spectra W4. It's odd I can pick up NHSP A and D in my scan channels, and my portable can pick up Strafford North Sheriffs but not my own county.

Status
Not open for further replies.