Rockland Co FD page only UHF channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
For at least a week on the 470.800 i have heard some partial; not all of the responding units after a page - maybe just one unit on calls , or the PD bases acknowlege pages - so can this channel be patched to low band or the 700 system?? what am i hearing, its the only channel for rockland i have on an yet?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
As of Saturday, March 8th, the 700 MHz "Fire 1" talkgroup (TG 4001) is being simulcast full-time over 470.800. This is a one-way link from 700 to UHF provided by the county so that responders can monitor the Fire 1 TG activity with their UHF pagers. The rebroadcasted audio is preempted by the consoles at 44-Control so that dispatching always has priority on the frequency.

The fire service has not yet officially cut over to 700 MHz from low band, which is why you will only hear a handful of departments operating sporadically at this time. Those departments have chosen to start using 700 MHz voluntarily in order to get used to the new system.

svfd17

As of Saturday, March 8th, the 700 MHz "Fire 1" talkgroup (TG 4001) is being simulcast full-time over 470.800. This is a one-way link from 700 to UHF provided by the county so that responders can monitor the Fire 1 TG activity with their UHF pagers. The rebroadcasted audio is preempted by the consoles at 44-Control so that dispatching always has priority on the frequency.

The fire service has not yet officially cut over to 700 MHz from low band, which is why you will only hear a handful of departments operating sporadically at this time. Those departments have chosen to start using 700 MHz voluntarily in order to get used to the new system.

I for one, think this is a great idea, the audio is pretty good too.

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery

Status
Not open for further replies.