Rockland County Reception From Bergen County

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRHKY94

Hello:

I have a question & favor for any members with a Phase 2 capable radio in Northwest Bergen County. I'll be visiting relatives in the Franklin Lakes area in a few weeks and bringing along my BCD436HP. I'd like to try & monitor the Rockland County Phase 2 system while I'm there, but given the distance I'm not sure if reception is possible. Hoping a kind member in that area of Bergen (or close by) can let me know if they can pull in Rockland's Phase 2 system or not.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There's a subsite on Stag Hill in Mahwah, which isn't too far from Franklin Lakes. Although the antennas are directional and are focused back into Rockland, there is still a fair amount of signal off the back end. Also, the subsite on Cheesecote Mtn in Pomona has excellent range down into NJ (antennas are pointing south), so you may see some signal from there as well.

In fact you may actually wind up having trouble decoding due to multipath from receiving more than one subsite.

NYRHKY94

Thank you for the reply and helpful information GTR8000. Much appreciated. I'd be interested in hearing from anybody in Northwest Bergen who has been able to pull in the Rockland Phase 2 system (or not).

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
When I used to work near Montvale (2 miles from Rockland) it was very difficult to pull in the system on my PSR-800 using the stock antenna. Probably due to the tall trees all around.

When I used my APX7000 I was able to listen to the system in from Fort Lee with no audio dropouts.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Any Northwest NJ members successfully receiving Rockland County's Phase 2 system from their shack?

Thanks![/QUO

I am not in North NJ. I am in North Orange County. I receive the Rockland System with my 536 using a commercial 800 antenna and low loss hard line. Some days are better than others.
With my 436 I have discovered 2 "sweet spots" in my house where the radio receives the system with a Radio Shack 800 Mhz rubber duck. If I move the the radio a few inches in either direction, the system is lost.

Trial and error, using different antenna and spots would be your best bet.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.