Rockwall SO VHF Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I've noticed that the license for the Rockwall SO 2 Channel (153.9200) was canceled back in 2013. Does anyone know if this freq is still in use? I would guess that everything has moved to the P25 system, but you never know.

wtp

go take a look at their cars.
if you see any 18" sticks, keep the frequency in.
over here they used the old 150 freq when they went to 800 for a couple of years.
i think it was just the supervisors.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that the license for the Rockwall SO 2 Channel (153.9200) was canceled back in 2013. Does anyone know if this freq is still in use? I would guess that everything has moved to the P25 system, but you never know.
I still have the old Vhf frequencies in a Favorites list, but can't remember the last time I heard them in use. However, reception of those, for me, is somewhat marginal due to distance, so I cannot state, with certainty, that they are no longer is use.

When I worked in Rockwall a couple of years ago, they switched completely to the new system due to what I heard as massive failure of the VHF repeater. The new system was up, they just switched over a little early.

It's possible some cars still have VHF radios, but they might not be installing it in new upfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.