Rockwood Fire/GER

Edward81

I am using my Whistler TRX 1 to monitor the new radio system for Wellington County Ontario Volunteer Fire Departments
I am getting reasonably good luck on most Departments except the Rockwood/GE stations.
Wondering what the problem might be?I thought all the departments were on the same DMR system.
Anyone here to help me out...
James in Kitchener

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
I am using my Whistler TRX 1 to monitor the new radio system for Wellington County Ontario Volunteer Fire Departments
I am getting reasonably good luck on most Departments except the Rockwood/GE stations.
Wondering what the problem might be?I thought all the departments were on the same DMR system.
James in Kitchener
Which site are you using to recieve the WCFS talkgroups?

Last edited:

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
Rockwood Fire is dispatched by Guelph Fire's P25 Ph 2 which is fullly encrypted.

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
Rockwood Fire is dispatched by Guelph Fire's P25 Ph 2 which is fullly encrypted.
Are you sure? I see Rockwood on the MRC Systems DMR Tier III system. They are paged on the county frequency 153.770 and the Tac channels are on the DMR Tier III system which changed from Connect Plus to DMR Tier III CapacityMax just recently as of a year or so ago.

Last edited:

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
James in Kitchener
If you are using the Wilmot site 2, that site sometimes has them and sometimes it doesn't. The best towers to capture most traffic are Fergus site 3 or Puslinch Site 9 (Site 9 captures all of them I think.)