Rocky Hill Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Sometime today it looks like Rocky Hill Police moved over to digital frequency still the same 453.92500 nac 974 fire department is still running analog at this time in ems and as far as I know Public Works will PD go to encryption

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I know there's no encryption but are they going to be switching it over like Meriden Meriden was in the clear for about a few months then they went to encryption

APX7500X2

The new channel 2 is Encrypted 24/7
Channel 1 is staying in the clear for now but they can go anytime
DPW live on digital.
Fire & Ems should be switching over in the next few weeks.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
ROCKY HILL PD2 451.1250 N175 I got that from Scan New England Wiki! and it look like public works 451.825 will be going DMR COLOR CODE 5 COME UP

PJH

Premium Subscriber
As a reminder guys, information from other websites is not allowed per database policy (we like to play nice in the sandbox with other websites).

If you use that information, and personally verify the use and information, that's good enough for me.

We cannot cut and paste information and call it our own. Other sites get a little upset over that (it happens).

APX7500X2

Scan New England Wiki! and it look like public works 451.825 will be going DMR COLOR CODE 5 COME UP

Exactly why it needs to be verified.........Rocky Hill DPW just turned on their brand new simulcast P25 Digital system a week ago. I doubt they will be going DMR any time soon

NAC is 420 if you want to listen to it

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I updated the DB yesterday with accurate information.

This is why we do not take information from other sites or unverified information.

Things to slip thru the cracks, but at least I try to stop some of it.

Wakes

Hi guys,

I live in the area and have been researching radios. Would the Uniden BCD325P2 have the ability to listen to RHPD with the new changes? Is it overkill for basic listening? I have done some research and understand they're now digital p25 unencrypted. Wanted to check here because it sounds like there is much more experience here compared to my basic knowledge.

Thanks!

MFCJR

Yes. Any digital scanner will pick them up. My old RS 2096 receives them fine.

BCD325P2

Hi guys,

I live in the area and have been researching radios. Would the Uniden BCD325P2 have the ability to listen to RHPD with the new changes? Is it overkill for basic listening? I have done some research and understand they're now digital p25 unencrypted. Wanted to check here because it sounds like there is much more experience here compared to my basic knowledge.

Thanks!

The BCD325P2 is an excellent future-proof choice with great reviews!

As more agencies upgrade, you'll need a Phase ii scanner to hear them.

MFCJR

Rocky Hill and Cromwell are part of Task Force 51. I think it is used more then any of the others. They can communicate on that channel or go to the Intercity channels. Wethersfield with their digital network is also part of that Task Force and they have no issues communicating with the other member towns.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Why is Rocky Hill public works coming up with color code 5 xpt and I am not hearing them at all 451.8250 if I put in nac 420 xpt come up with s2 am time s1

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Why is Rocky Hill public works coming up with color code 5 xpt and I am not hearing them at all 451.8250 if I put in nac 420 xpt come up with s2 am time s1

Maybe you are hearing Trumbull High Schools digital repeater, Or Ridgefields school systems digital repeater.
Taxi cabs out of Nassau county maybe (DMR) Also a few DMR repeaters in Westchester county and NYC that are loud up here

Status
Not open for further replies.