Rocky Mount PD reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
I go to Rocky Mount one or two times a week. I have my Pro 668 with an external roof mounted antenna. Does anyone else monitor Rocky Mount system? The system sometimes comes in full strength and other times cuts in and out while I am in the city mobile around. I'm just curious to see how other people are receiving Rocky Mount PD, fire, EMS etc. to determine if it might be something with my set up.

reconrider8

Are you driving when it cuts out or sitting still listening to full strength then all of a sudden it drops while sitting in the same spot?

reconrider8

Could be dead spots in the field. That would be my first thought. Their radios are good enough they don't have nearly as many dead spots as we do with scanners

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
They use alternating Control Channels as well, make sure you have all frequencies from the Database in your scanner.
Their Analog system is out of date and they have begun the process of switching over to a new Digital System., which is still in testing mode.
City Service have already switched over and have begun using the new system.
Police and Fire will be switching over soon but at an unknown date.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know what the frequencies of are for the new Rocky Mount digital system?

Status
Not open for further replies.