Rogers County Claremore Area Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys as you can see i am new on here i have my feed online with offline comming with minor antenna ajustments and other audio tweaks. Anyways my help that i am asking about is that when i am listening to rogers county sherriffs dept or claremore police sometimes i hear them talking then they will get on and say "Switch-Over" then it scans and i can kinda hear something but def not as clear as it should. i entered all the frequencies and all that i am wondering is it encrypted or am i missing a frequency for there "Switch-Over" Channel also i am using the standard 7.5" antenna that came with my uniden BCT8 but i am throwing distance from my police department so i dont think thats my problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. **** PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I AM VERY NEW EVEN THOUGH I CAN HANDLE ANY SMART *** REPLIES AND CAN HANDLE THE HAZING JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE MY LISTENERS ARENT MISSING ANYTHING DO TO ERROR ON MY PART****

Thanks for reading

Tulsa731

Feed Provider
Hey guys as you can see i am new on here i have my feed online with offline comming with minor antenna ajustments and other audio tweaks. Anyways my help that i am asking about is that when i am listening to rogers county sherriffs dept or claremore police sometimes i hear them talking then they will get on and say "Switch-Over" then it scans and i can kinda hear something but def not as clear as it should. i entered all the frequencies and all that i am wondering is it encrypted or am i missing a frequency for there "Switch-Over" Channel also i am using the standard 7.5" antenna that came with my uniden BCT8 but i am throwing distance from my police department so i dont think thats my problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. **** PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I AM VERY NEW EVEN THOUGH I CAN HANDLE ANY SMART *** REPLIES AND CAN HANDLE THE HAZING JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE MY LISTENERS ARENT MISSING ANYTHING DO TO ERROR ON MY PART****

Thanks for reading

It's because the main channel is a repeater (large antenna that repeats the weak signal) and when they switchover, it's direct car to car, so depending on where the officers are, you may or may not pick them up. Hope that makes sense.

I understand cuz sometimes when they switch over I can hear but its garbled. So r u suggesting that I may be able to hear them if I get a better antenna? I mean I'm gunna get one anyways cause the stock one really isn't cutting it. But I'm wondering if ur saying that a better antenna will allow me to hear the car to car or whatever channel they switch too? Thanks for your reply.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
If they're going to simplex (direct, no repeater) then yes a better - more particularly a *higher* - antenna will help tremendously.

You don't necessarily need a "high gain" antenna, just get it as high in the air as you can feasibly manage.

Any altitude helps, so even if you don't want to or can't put an antenna outside, if you can get it at the highest spot in the attic it'll do better than sitting on a desk at ground level.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Take a look at a scantenna for outdoor, google search because I can't remember if it is sold by Grove or someone else. Should come with cable.

firemark

If you are talking about Claremore PD they have the ability to encrypt their audio. Come through clear but sounds like garble. RCSO switchover is simplex and you may hear it if your close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.