Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
So sound off here,

I am Ken I live in the north end of snohomish county I have a pile of scanners 536, 436 and the list just goes on, I mostly listen to what goes on around me. I have been into the radio hobby from about 1967. So how about you

Dann

Premium Subscriber
Dann.. Battle Ground, WA. I listen to Fire and WSP and OSP. I have been in the hobby since 1973. I use a Uniden BCD996P2.

78turbo

Bryan
Mossyrock, Wa
I have been into radios and electronics since the mid 70's. BCD996P2 now, but still have a PRO-2006 and a PRO-95 still in use for my area. They are all much easier to use than the old 16 channel crystal Realistic Patrolman in storage.
SDR set-up is great for finding new stuff to listen to, decoding weather satellites, and aircraft tracking.

Pf3

Premium Subscriber
Paul

Hilltop Tacoma. I had a Pro-94 nearly 20 years ago but I haven't touched a scanner in about ten years. I just purchased a 436, it's arriving tomorrow.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
"decoding weather satellites"
Do tell.....?

Me, Eastside/North End of Lake WA
TRX-1, 436 and SDS100 (lots of oldies up in attic)

jondeaux

Hi, I am Jon and live in Seattle city limits. my first scanner was a 10 channel 512mhz radio shack scanner some time back when I was in High school. Currently own Uniden 396xt and Uniden 436hp, but looking to start trying out some Whistler products. My scanner that is on 24/7 monitors Seattle Police. My scanner I carry on me, monitors important things in King County.

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, John from East Tacoma here. I began with a Realistic Patrolman 6 in the early '70s. That quickly led to a variety of scanners from crystal to my current BCD325p2 and BCD396xt. I also use a BC125at for MilAir and a variety of old-timers to monitor analog VHF from surrounding counties, DNR, USFS, railroads and marine.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pierce county

I am George. Grew up in Tacoma (single frequency back then). I am in the area a couple of times a year as my father lives in south Pierce county. I have him set up with a BCD996P2 monitoring anything unencrypted. He's retired from the city of Tacoma.

pferama

Feed Provider
I live around Duvall. I have some old days ham experience. Started listening to online scanner streams a few months ago to find out what's going on, but streams are pretty limited. Around June 1st I had the idea to buy a scanner. The SDS100 was just going on sale so took that one as my first scanner.

I keep it on 24x7 recording at home and stream to my phone when commuting or away on a work trip. I listen live or listen to recordings when bored or if I hear anything interesting happening or recently happened.

My first week I got to listen into a pretty significant surveillance/tail in Seattle that slowly turned into a tail down I-5, then a high speed chase and crash in Kent with a recent murder suspect captured. I didn't know all the details until the news the next day, but I was hooked!

Great community here answered every question I had before I even could ask. Made for a short learning curve.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Damn, I feel old,,,,started monitoring in 1964 with an old Halicrafters tunable unit I had to build myself, it was the size of two large toasters and I had to file the squelch relay points every 4 months or so to keep it running. Listened primarily to Tacoma PD and Parkland Fire where I became a member after high school.
Then came the crystal radios! Wow what an improvement. Since then I think I have had every model that Bearcat, Radio Shack, GRE, Uniden and Whistler ever made, mostly with poor results at best once we evolved to the digital age.
But ALAS, the Unication G-5 was born. Such a Phenominal radio, I have 5 of them.
Two stay with relatives in Tacoma, hearing all of the Pierce County, King County, WSP and local systems flawlessly without any LSM distortion whatsoever.
The other 3 stay here in Phoenix with me (receiving the 3 most complicated systems on the planet) without a hitch.
I have since sold or discarded:
3 436’s
2 536’s
1 TRX 1
2 TRX 2’s
2 PSR-800’s
1 PRO 668
Hundreds of feet of high dollar coax
4 YAGI antennas
2 discones
15 lbs of connectors, etc, etc.

Made enough selling the above junk to buy my first 3 G-5’s. 54 years later and Life is good!

AdamMT1618

Adam from the Puyallup area. I've been into radios for a couple years now. I have a PSR-800 with P25 update. I'm also into CB and trying to get more into HAM once I pass the test.

Laytz94

Chuck from Tacoma reporting in. Using a WS1098 and WS1088 for desktop and mobile use respectively, (started out on a BC125 and Pro2006). Primarily monitoring mil air UHF but also some civilian air, rail, and local business/industrial UHF.
All my milair hits are logged and recorded and my frequency collection is growing everyday. Hopefully I can remember to come back from time to time and share some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.