Rolling Hills FD has 800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

The last few times Catoosa FD has had runs I have been hearing Rolling Hills FD Unit 700 get on the Catoosa FD side 800 not VHF and talk. Does Rolling Hills have least 1 800 radio? I wonder where they got it?

P.J.

tiawah466

Catossa has a cross-band repeater. VHF to 800, the 800 service in that area is not real good. OakGrove Fire runs a cross-band repeater also. I hear all of both depts traffic at my house just fine on my VHF handheld.

car2back

tiawah466 said:
Catossa has a cross-band repeater. VHF to 800, the 800 service in that area is not real good. OakGrove Fire runs a cross-band repeater also. I hear all of both depts traffic at my house just fine on my VHF handheld.

I think the point PJ is making is that he's aware of the VHF/800mhz repeater, but you could tell by the audio quality of the transmision is was not VHF in origin.

peterjmag

Thanks Phil, yes that is what I mean. I am aware of the crossband 800/VHF stuff on both Catoosa and Oak Grove. However on this unit "Rolling Hills 700" you can clearly tell that it is an 800 radio and not a VHF crossed over. I just want to know if this means that Rolling Hills is on the way to going 800? Thanks...

P.J. Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.