rolling stakeout in progress (Southern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I was listening to that. They lost her, she ducted off the freeway. Not sure if she showed up at the address in Camden. I think they were DOC parol officers.

ampulman

Skypilot007 said:
Yeah I was listening to that. They lost her, she ducted off the freeway. Not sure if she showed up at the address in Camden. I think they were DOC parol officers.

Yes, they were DOC.

I had been a casual listener to the SP, but since listening to that one, I have been a more frequent listener. Always plenty of action. Have run into more stake-outs and reception is always great (Voorhees resident).

I'm not sure what the general feeling is about posting info on ongoing stake-outs. Anyone?

AM

SCANdal

Silent Key
Perps that well-to-do?

ampulman said:
I'm not sure what the general feeling is about posting info on ongoing stake-outs. Anyone?
AM,

In terms of rolling stakeouts (as discussed in your own original post), I don't think it's likely that perps being followed have mobile Internet access and are viewing the RadioReference.com forums waiting to see if someone posts a message that bad guys are being followed around somewhere - with the idea in thier minds, if they see a message pop up, of "oh oh, someone might be tailing us, let's get to our safe house." If the perps are that savvy, my guess is that they're more likely to be listening live via a scanner on board (and therefore in direct violation of a number of laws, depending on what town they're in) or, again less likely, using their mobile Internet access to listen to one of the many online scanners out there. Could somebody be reading messages on RadioReference.com at home - like I am now, see one pop up on a given board, tune in on thier scanner, and say "hey, Paul 'Needlenose' Manaage is heading in that direction...let me give'm a call and let'm know to watch were he's head'en to and check his rearview mirrors for a Crown Vic behind'em." As unlikely as this is, is this more likely to happen then the mobile Internet access scenario? Yes. Anything likely to happen, in terms of screwing up a stakeout, at all by posting a message? Mmm, that's a call for the moderators here to decide.

My vote? Don't post anything of this type while it's happening. Wait a while after it's done and then fire away with any questions you may have had (i.e.: who's talkgroup is it? etc.). If there is a trusted friend on line, I have no objections to PMing him or her with with any questions; but I wouldn't go public while it's underway.

SCANdal

Last edited:

ctrabs74

SCANdal said:
My vote? Don't post anything of this type while it's happening. Wait a while after it's done and then fire away with any questions you may have had (i.e.: who's talkgroup is it? etc.). If there is a trusted friend on line, I have no objections to PMing him or her with with any questions; but I wouldn't go public while it's underway.

I'm inclined to agree. It's too risky to post such info "as it happens", but I don't see too much fault in posting it as a recap after everything has settled down. If something like that happens to pop up on an new/unidentified TG or an unfamiliar freq, then it is probably worth sharing if for no other reason than it's information about the system that not everyone may be familiar with. Generally, I'd err on the side of caution, though...

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Yes, post it after the fact and leave out specific details that may ID a location such as street addresses etc incase it is an ongoing op.

Dave

ampulman

After I posted the original message, I thought about it and had some second thoughts.

I agree with the responses; any info should be posted after the fact.

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.