Rollover/car fire-montvale gsp north

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WAYMAN

2-27-12 2100 HOURS EST
Anyone else see or hear about the bad roll over and car fire today at approx. 1615 hours, Garden State Parkway North in Montvale, about 1 click south of the Montvale Service Area? Could not stop but cars were stopping on both sides of the Parkway the occupants of which were trying to take pix with camera phones while STANDING in active lanes of traffic on both sides of the Parkway !!! Appears one car struck another in Northbound lanes sending other vehicle off into the center median ditch ending up completely engulfed in black smoke against tree in ditch. Was anxious to find out whether the driver escaped of burned to death.

No mention of the accident whatsoever on northjersey.com, which is The Record's web site. Heard about the accident on Newsradio 880's traffic report though.

Generally, The Record does report on fatal accidents, but due to the time of occurrence, their day shift photographer/breaking news reporter was likely off duty already.

Essexscan

I saw it on FOX5 chopper, rubberneckers had an accident on the southbound side. I didn't hear anything about the driver anywhere. that car was totally burned out, hope the driver made it out

MFR465

No overturned auto, but most definitely a fire. The car was travelling southbound and went thru the guardrail down into the median. Was fully involved on arrival, quick knock. **MINOR** injuries to the driver. No other patients.

jaymatt1978

There was a little debate on whether the carfire+ was in Montvale and Woodcliff Lake, both departments responded and assisted in the fire. Actually I think when it was over because of the location Montvale had to drive through Woodcliff Lake to get back to their firehouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.