Rome / Floyd P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
The new Rome/Floyd County Digital Trunked Radio System is now on the air in the testing phase.
All communications at the moment appear to be in the clear for Phase I FDMA.
Some encryption may be heard later as testing is just now beginning on the new system.

codeplug

The new Rome/Floyd County Digital Trunked Radio System is now on the air in the initial testing phase.
All communications at the moment appear to be in the clear for Phase I FDMA.
Some encryption may be heard later as testing is just now beginning on the new system.
Harris Corporation Project 25 800 MHz Digital Simulcast Trunked System.
System ID 039 - WACN 92741

Site Info:
RFSS - 1 (1) / Site - 001 (1) / Name - Rome/Floyd County Simulcast / County - Floyd

System Frequencies are:
851.2750c 851.4375c 851.8250c 852.2500c 852.4500c 852.6375c 852.8125c 853.1125c 853.1875c 853.6875c

(c) is Control Channel, (a) is Alternate Control Channel.
All ten freq.’s can serve as the Control channel, Alternate Control channel or as
a Voice or Data channel on this system. Control channels will alternate on a regular basis.
There will be some 700 MHz. freq.'s used in Conventional mode for Mobile/Vehicle repeater use.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
I added the submission to the database and made a quick wiki entry also. Let me know if it's correct.

codeplug

The Rome/Floyd County Public Safety Digital Trunked Radio System is now on the air in the initial testing phase.
Radio & Grid testing is now in progress throughout the county.
Teams are going around Rome & Floyd County testing mobile and hand held radios in areas grid by grid.
Radio test counts for each areas grid is moving along.. All of the towers appear to be active, trunking and simulcasting..
Control channel signal and audio is weak in AL. but in some areas of Calhoun & Cherokee County AL. you can hear them testing.
Control channel signal and audio is weak near the AL./GA. line on Hwy. 411 all the way to Cave Spring.
The signal strength is about 0% - 30% all the way to Cave Spring on Hwy. 411 but as soon as you go over the hill near Hwy. 100 the
signal goes to about 75-90%..The signal strength and audio is good in downtown Cave Spring.
Control channel signal and audio is weak at best and audio quality is very poor in a lot of areas along and west of Hwy.100 all the way to GA. 20.
Control channel signal and audio is weak east of Hwy. 100 on GA. 20 near the Power plant and signal strength is about 60-75% or less.
Control channel signal and audio is weak west of Hwy. 100 on GA. 20 toward the AL./GA. line and gets weaker the further you go toward AL.
Their is a lot of areas that have no audio or very weak audio quality,.and control channel signal is 0%.in a lot of areas.
Power levels on the towers may be turned down for testing.but if they are running full power then there is a need for a lot of improvement.
Radio testing is only being done Monday-Friday, no weekend testing as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

ButchGone

For what it's worth, when the TVRCS first went on line with the Chattanooga cell they started with one or two sites and had lower power. It eventually evolved into a four site simulcast cell and the power levels came up. Are you sure all sites in the Rome/Floyd system are hot? You may want to give it time to see how it evolves.
BG..

kermit

Testing is on talk group 50020 and comes in fair to good in silver creek down near bottom of the county with a rubber duck on my pro-106

P25_GURU

Please keep in mind... This system is C-QPSK modulation.. It will sound low and distorted on your scanners.. The PSR800 is the only reliable C-QPSK scanner on the market..

The system was designed and built for PUBLIC SAFETY radios, not our scanners

RomeRon

Testing is on talk group 50020 and comes in fair to good in silver creek down near bottom of the county with a rubber duck on my pro-106

Hi Kermit
Do you have the radio shack 800MHz antenna, it did wonders for my pro 106, loud and clear in west rome.

codeplug

Radio tech's Testing on TG 50020.
TG 206 showed up a couple of times. Can anyone verify who was talking on TG 206.
TG 402 showed up a couple of times. Can anyone verify who was talking on TG 402.
A private radio/radio indicator just popped up. First time I have seen that.
Looks like there are doing more then just signal & audio testing today.
Active CC's were switching to alternates then the CC when into site trunking mode.
Apparently they lost communications for a few moments, now they are back up.
Grid testing still in progress.

Last edited:

RomeRon

Active CC's were switching to alternates then the CC when into site trunking mode.
Apparently they lost communications for a few moments, now they are back up.
Grid testing still in progress.

What is DG I noticed it and the CC keeps changing.

codeplug

Pro-106 Scan Receiving Mode: 3rd Line:
VC and the Analog Voice Channel Frequency appear for a TGRP object.
DG and the Digital Voice Channel Frequency appear for a TGRP object.
Dg (lowercase g) shows Digital AGC is off for the trunked system.

RomeRon

Pro-106 Scan Receiving Mode: 3rd Line:
VC and the Analog Voice Channel Frequency appear for a TGRP object.
DG and the Digital Voice Channel Frequency appear for a TGRP object.
Dg (lowercase g) shows Digital AGC is off for the trunked system.

Thanks Codeplug, just what I was looking for.

RomeRon

Ho ho ho

I am wondering if there will ever be an up and running P25 system in Rome/Floyd County, Maybe Santa Clause will flip the switch at Christmas or look out FCC we need more extentions.

codeplug

Rome-Floyd County analog VHF & UHF systems are still in operation.
Update:
The new Rome-Floyd County 800 MHz P-25 trunk system is scheduled to go hot on Monday, December 10, 2012.
Non Public Safety radios have been issued and agencies will begin to use the new 800 system on Monday.
Radio testing has been done this week and according to the latest info out, everything seems to be working well on the new system.
Some issues have been reported monitoring the system with a Pro-96 & a Pro-106.
None issues with a scanner are garbled audio and weak CC signal in some areas, especially in the rural areas of Floyd County.
An issue was reported with a Pro-106 with trunking the system, hopefully it's only a settings issue on the scanner.

If you have a pro-96 you will have to change the setting to Custom table, change Base freq. to 851.0000, change Offset to 0, and
change Step. to 12.5 in order to trunk the system. CC should be set to Mot.
All ten freq.'s need to be set as a CC because they rotate very often.

Anyone that can monitor the system next week please post any TG's you find and what you heard on the TG so they can be added to RRDB
If anyone has any issues with the audio or trunking the system please post it also.
Any help identifying the users and TG's would be helpful.
There is a list of possible users and TG's for the new system on the RF, P-25 wiki to compare what TG's you may hear on the new system.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.