Romney area listeners - I have a question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Would one of you be so kind as to plug in 153.0425 into your scanner and tell me if you hear a constant data channel.

Would appreciate if somebody could get back to me and confirm what, if anything, they are hearing on 153.0425

Thanks

Mike

JESSERABBIT

Over here in Jefferson County WV I am hearing that freq as moto with 90% decode rate on the stock antenna down in my basement on the Pro-96. It is loaded into the same bank as the Jefferson Co WVIRP.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That's very strange.. because I'm hearing it as an MPT1327 system 0909. from my location the two choices are Washington Gas and Lighgt, Romney site and Vasu Communications in up in Northern Ohio.

I didn't believe it was Vasu. Figured it must be WG&L - especially given the emission designator on their license.

Since you are getting 100% decode on that as a Motorola, what's it saying the system / site ID are?

I'm lost -- why would that be in the same bank as your WVIRP? Can you go into Tune mode, plug in 153.0425, and see if you get a signal - and if you do, is it a constant control channel? And if so, is it still claiming to be a Motorola signal? If so, what's the System/Site ID?

Mike

Last edited:

JESSERABBIT

I owe everyone an apology for my mistake in posting the wrong information in my last post here. In my haste I misread what was the wrong frequency. Not located in the Romney area, I assumed (and we all know what that means), that the scanner was parked on the freq that had just been put in. Apparently it was not. In my haste I just spouted off. I hope I did not cause anyone any inconveinence.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I owe everyone an apology for my mistake in posting the wrong information in my last post here. In my haste I misread what was the wrong frequency. Not located in the Romney area, I assumed (and we all know what that means), that the scanner was parked on the freq that had just been put in. Apparently it was not. In my haste I just spouted off. I hope I did not cause anyone any inconveinence.

Don't sweat it :) That's easy to do, especially with the newfangled scanners. No apology needed.

Take it easy,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.