Romney USSS callsign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Mitt Romney is coming to my area for fundraising event. Since he has secret service protection now, has anyone heard any USSS traffic at his events? Yes, I know they are encrypted.

Anyone heard a USSS code name for him yet?

diskmonger

Not necessarily encrypted, when Biden came to Michigan several years ago before he was VP his whole detail was unencrypted.

There have been no reports of a callsign yet, so you would be the first to identify it.

ecps92

Yes and No on the ENC, Super Tuesday was a mix, but sadly No "Code Name" could be heard Best of luck and let us know.

Mitt Romney is coming to my area for fundraising event. Since he has secret service protection now, has anyone heard any USSS traffic at his events? Yes, I know they are encrypted.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Santorum was in Nashville a while back and they were in the clear the whole time. However you had to be close by because they didnt run off the repeater and were simplex only.

Mick

When he was in Colorado Springs 4Feb2012 the SS was using 165.375 P25 clear. No code name heard though.

kma371

QRT
Ok, thanks for the ones with serious answers.

He will be in town March 27th, hopefully I will be off work then. The location is easy to get to and open to public.

ecps92

FLOTUS was in Boston last night and they used 165.3750 $001 simplex [ENC] so no Code Names there either

Ok, thanks for the ones with serious answers.

He will be in town March 27th, hopefully I will be off work then. The location is easy to get to and open to public.

puzzleriddle

GOP candidates wil e here

for a Forum Monday evening at 5:30Pm..peoples can start getting in( being (Seated ) at 3:30pm . have both my radios ready to to listrn & scanning for "new stuff" also...the location is the Alabama Theater

D

DaveNF2G

I have only heard a USSS detail once in my life. I don't remember hearing any special designators then. I suspect that the code names are only used when more than one protected individual is in the same venue at the same time.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

...Oh, I have a code name for him if they don't! :lol:

Sorry. :twisted:

n9zas

KE5TLF

Somebody shooting the bull on 165.375 NAC 1 as I type this. Not a thing even remotely official sounding heard. Wasn't really paying attention when all the campaining was really going on around here the last few days though.

freqhopping

If you haven't been following the news lately you've missed the names.

Romney is Javelin, as in the AMC muscle car. His father was once an AMC chairman.
Santorum is Petrus, Latin origin of Peter, his grandfather's name.

kma371

QRT
If you haven't been following the news lately you've missed the names.

Romney is Javelin, as in the AMC muscle car. His father was once an AMC chairman.
Santorum is Petrus, Latin origin of Peter, his grandfather's name.

Yeah missed those. Well I'm off work that day and will try to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.