• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ronnie Milsap's radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
kokomo1 said:
So how would he know about a burned out meter lamp? ;)
My thoughts exactly... I dunno about this one, not knocking Ronnie but it seems odd someone who is blind, would have such a complex rig. Not that they couldn't use it, it would just require someone to sit with them to be the eyes.

mancow

Database Admin
I think they did have a voice annunciation option. But, how would he find the knobs?

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
mkewman said:
yeah, this is probably a hoax.
Why would that be? It is a well known fact that he is a HAM. Years ago my dad used to chit chat with him and he even invited the family down to his mansion. I was one bummed out little kid when we didn't go. If I remember right, he had a killer drake setup at the time.

cristisphoto

kingpin said:
My thoughts exactly... I dunno about this one, not knocking Ronnie but it seems odd someone who is blind, would have such a complex rig. Not that they couldn't use it, it would just require someone to sit with them to be the eyes.

Hey folks whom are blind do all sorts of thing that would blow your mind away..
In fact most disabled folks do their darnest to HIDE their disabities
and improving their talents etc
that's just part of it
It's usually the scammers whom make it the MOST obvious that they are disabled:roll:
Not always but usually
I know cause I am disabled..
And I see it EVREY day folks whom are scamming taking advantage
While those who ARE disabled trying to conceal it...
ANyways,
Just sayin
Warmest regards
Crista

mancow

Database Admin
Crista, it wasn't a slam on the disabled just for clarification. I was truly curious how he would do it. But, I guess he could get used to the layout and mentally visualize it. It's amazing what people can do when they have to.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
cristisphoto said:
Hey folks whom are blind do all sorts of thing that would blow your mind away..
In fact most disabled folks do their darnest to HIDE their disabities
and improving their talents etc
that's just part of it
It's usually the scammers whom make it the MOST obvious that they are disabled:roll:
Not always but usually
I know cause I am disabled..
And I see it EVREY day folks whom are scamming taking advantage
While those who ARE disabled trying to conceal it...
ANyways,
Just sayin
Warmest regards
Crista
I could not agree more. :)

I just had an idea. Braille stickers for the radio's buttons. E for enter P for priority etc...

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
mancow said:
Crista, it wasn't a slam on the disabled just for clarification.
The thread sounds like it. The whole tone. IMO

I know no one wants to slam the blind though, but I would consider the thoughts before speaking. Just take a look at them all.

Crazy Ebay, what would we do without them? :lol:

red8

Hey ya'll
I have a good,good friend of mine that plays pedal steel guitar and he has one arm, infact he taught me how over 28 years ago. I just goes to prove that the only handicap in doing anything is int the mind.
My friend lost his left arm (the bar hand) in a car wreck when he was
nine years old. He utilizes a prostetic arm with a radiator hose clamp
soldered to the bar and he can flat pick the dickens out of it

cristisphoto

I woud go as far as to say the folks whoma re disaled hower visible or nor not to other saround tem
Pick up talents faster thatn your average regular whomever
I mean thnk bout it
While the average joe is wrkin their behinds off payin rent
Your "disabled" feller whom probaly couldn't find a job is at home,parks, street etc practicing their hobby and fine tuning it...
I thinks it all common sense taht what I think!!
LOL
Anyways
Warmest regards
Poltegeisty an Red 8 and all NOT mentioned
I hop you both are well

Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.