Rooftop antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

elman26

Premium Subscriber
Hi I live in colonie and want to monitor Troy ny police. Which rooftop antenna might do the job for me? I have a bcd996xt.I realize they are using a low power system,but is there a long range antenna that will pick them up? Im currently using a ST2 rooftop with no luck with troy.(rg6 75ohm cable).Thank you.

D

DaveNF2G

I doubt whether changing your antenna will make any difference. You are probably on the wrong side of the water tower where their antenna is mounted, so it is physically impossible for you to receive their signal.

Ken_Allen

I'm in Colonie on the west side of Sand Creek Rd in the village, I pick up Troy's control channel just fine (I don't have my scanner programmed for troy)

Is Troy's tower over in the Loudonville water facility next to the water tower? If so I pass by there daily.

SRLFD-613

Premium Subscriber
the biggest things like dave said in this perticular case it all about location location location. you may pick up troys control while you are mobile but the out put of that entire system is to low power to get all the way up on sand creek rd

Ken_Allen

I actually pick up Troys control channel CLEAR up by Mohawk Commons in Schenectady/Niskyuana.

I can't find my programming cable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.