Roscommon County

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmusic1666

picked up on Roscommon County tonite . and checked the data base . and it matched up with

what the data base has listed for it . but what got me is that the tower it is useing . is the

tower i have been hearing mostly msp 30 traffic on . and the other thing that got me was

the fact that Roscommon County is about 76 miles from me.and iam in the mount pleasant

area and iam useing the pro 96with just the 800mg rubber duck antenna. and i do not have a

outside antenna . and the number it came over is 867.475 with the Roscommon County tg

id info . so what iam wondering about in regards to this giveing the distance . and such is

this odd or has any one else had this happen to them???? sorry in advance if this has been

asked before

bigbluemsp

Since Roscommon isn't on a Simulcast system they would be affiliated with any of the towers up that way.

Your getting them off your local tower so more then likely they had a unit near you on a transport/pick up or reception of the tower was just good for the day.

Jimmy252

Exactly what BigBlue said... Ive heard Rosco sheriff on my way home from up there on I-75 many times, off the Sterling, bombay, and hemlock sites. Once i recall i heard TG 4069 on the holly tower.

djmusic1666

hiyea bigbluemsp for right now big bluemsp iam going with reception of the tower was just

good for the day. as it makes the most since . and it was nite time when i picked up the

single too. but yet it still leaves me to wondering about it . giving how we up here are

just getting going with the 800mg systems. and you guy,s have had the time to find out all

about your 800mg system down there :). and whats the worse part of it all bigblue is that

we are still waiting to see who will go to the 800mg systems fully in my area and who will

stay with the old systems. i know here we have 2 800mg channels working. but that was

only due to the state saying we had to do it . and from what i have heard about it. so

in my area mount pleasant and a few other county,s dont want to change over yet untill

the state tells them they have to do it, in other words. it boils down to the money factor.

so for right now it,s just plain stuck in between the 2 systems . and waiting to find out the

what is and what is not working here. btw bigblue i like you avator dont change it :)

djmusic1666

Jimmy252 said:
Exactly what BigBlue said... Ive heard Rosco sheriff on my way home from up there on I-75 many times, off the Sterling, bombay, and hemlock sites. Once i recall i heard TG 4069 on the holly tower.

wow jimmy that is some distance to pick them up on the holly tower. if i can ask was you

useing a outside antenna or rubber duck antenna :confused:

Jimmy252

800 mhz rubber duck on my pro-96... but remember, they can show up on any tower in the state, as long as one of there vehicles are near it and using their radio...

bigbluemsp

The big plus to this P25 system with towers across the state is that at any time you can hear stuff normaly you had to wait for skip to listen to.

I from time to time will hear Monroe County and on a regular basis I will get the MSP D2S Dispatch and also Livingston County Central Dispatch. I'm set with all the things I want to listen to except for Genesee County which their signal seems to suck horribly. Come to think of it the signal isn't great inside the county. They are a simulcast but still within the county it should be strong.

a29zuk

bigbluemsp said:
The big plus to this P25 system with towers across the state is that at any time you can hear stuff normaly you had to wait for skip to listen to.

I from time to time will hear Monroe County and on a regular basis I will get the MSP D2S Dispatch and also Livingston County Central Dispatch. I'm set with all the things I want to listen to except for Genesee County which their signal seems to suck horribly. Come to think of it the signal isn't great inside the county. They are a simulcast but still within the county it should be strong.

If you are lucky enough to be south of I-69 in Genesee Co. using the Holly tower gives better reception. It broadcasts all of the Genesee Co. talkgroups but is not part of the simulcast. I use it during my drive to and from my workplace in Pontiac.

bigbluemsp

Im rarely on the south side of town but I'll remember that thanks.

However I did have luck with the system off the Columbiaville Tower..

djmusic1666

bigbluemsp said:

ahh i see bigblue:) . and have not tryed to pick up the Genesee County but iam thinking about

giveing it a shot and see if i can pick them up. and myself ahh i never have stuff to listen to

:p. iam still working on a data base for myself. yea i want to hear it all:p

Jimmy252

its always fun when genessee county comes across the northville tower... it happens once in a while.

Also Incident Broadcast Network now has a genessee county Sheriff and Fire feed on their teamspeak. Along with that, Flint PD, Flint FIre, Lansing city fire, Livingston county central dispatch, and fenton PD.

a29zuk

bigbluemsp said:
Im rarely on the south side of town but I'll remember that thanks.

However I did have luck with the system off the Columbiaville Tower..

Yes, the Columbiaville tower also broadcasts all of Genesee Co. TGs. But when Lapeer Co. switches over to P25 they will probably just have Genesee Co. main dispatch TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.