Roscommon Fire Fighters memorial frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnnm1062

longtime member
I will be going up friday night.

In addition to the ones listed in the database, it is a good idea to listein to 154.295 which is a statewide channel, at least in the past I have heard people that needed help with directions or set up meetings with other groups of people. I have also heard chatter on several of the fire ground freqs of various depts doing the samething. (i.e. a car from the south end of the state sees another member from their dept and might try to reach him on the fireground to say hi lets meet at the DQ). I dont know how much that still goes on havent been up there for a few years though.

bigbluemsp

Good luck if you plan on getting a hotel GOOD LUCK. At last check I couldn't get a room within 50 miles of that place. There were a few campsites available though. Thus I can't go cause I'm not driving 100 a day back and forth

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
Roscommon Festival

allready made arraingements with a fellow fire fighter who owns property near Roscommon to camp. I will be searching frequencies, but unfortunately for us, our "fireground" is a repeater channel. Maybe the U-tac/v-tac channels will be used. who knows.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
hotels

They must not like you! :)... Made reservations today in Houghton Lake without any issues.. Lets hope there is great weather.

Garry

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
LOL, I think he was talking to BigBlue!

And 100 miles isn't all that bad if you bring a friend with you! Do it every year!

Remember, Rosscommon Co. runs on on the state-wide 800 system. State DNR fireground (mentioned above) is always hot with traffic. And I've seen a couple of guys from different departments carry around a department 800MHz, so they can here calls from home, so a digital scanner might prove interesting. (1 advantage of 800 I guess.)

Also, I would scan the 151MHz and 154MHz, since most simple FG's in the state are run in those ranges...I think. Plus, like scannerman said, a lot of depts. using trunked radio systems (Ingham Co.) use an U-tac channel when out of the area.

See ya there! -Nick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.