Rose State College Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyrr

The Rose State College Police Department appears to have "gone 10-7".

They got a flashy new car and a new SUV, both with fancy graphics all over them. The City of Midwest City agreed to provide dispatching services on their digital talkgroup 17136 on the DPS trunked system. Finally, the City then voted to give them joint jurisdiction on the roads around and through the College.

I haven't heard squat out of them for months and I live adjacent to the College and used to see their vehicles almost daily. I haven't seen either one for a long time. There was an incident that happened on the campus a couple of days ago and it was handled by marked units from MCPD and an off duty MCPD officer that was at the College.

Any word on what has happened?

SCPD

QRT
Rsc pd

The start of the end was in April:

http://www.rose.edu/Websites/rose2010/Images/AboutRose/Board of Regents/Agenda List 4-11.pdf

Here is the only mention of the possible disbanding before it occurred that I could find.

Below mentions Security Staff, etc.

http://www.rose.edu/Websites/rose2010/Images/AboutRose/2011-12 P and P Manual.pdf

Overbudget is the only reasoning they are gone that I have found.

Wish I could find the news article that talked about it, but I could not find it in all of my internet searching.

woodyrr

Thank you for the information and research.

I haven't heard anything on the RSC talkgroup in months and when I did, MCPD had trouble getting someone to answer so that they could be advised of a call.

I quit listening to the UHF Security frequency 451.925, because the duress call boxes scattered all over the campus so people can yell for help were always clogging up the air complaining about low batteries or tampering. Today, I listened while I was at my desk, and all I heard was a couple of transmissions of data. It wasn't P25 or encrypted P25. It might have been MotoTRBO, however, I would expect that if it was voice traffic, there would be more of it within a four hour daylight period when class is in session.

woodyrr

The Rose State PD may be 10-7 but their talk group just came alive with "Security" traffic. There are at least two of them because they have been talking to each other. Interesting.

SCPD

QRT
I know when I was out there on a petit larceny, I saw one of the former Rose State College PD members in a security uniform. So, I guess they may still be using the radios from that. The radio she had looked like a FRS/GMRS radio though and not the Motorola I have. It may be how our PD people communicate with the security people while we are working there.

woodyrr

They must have Motorola portables as well because I have heard them wandering around inside the buildings checking rooms and locking doors. I'll listen to the old UHF security frequency and see what's there.

woodyrr

I don't know whether it is less desirable to bump an old thread or start a new one that lacks context, so here goes.

The Rose State police digital talkgroup 17136 is active again. "Rose State Security" has tried to contact "Rose State PD" and "Midwest City" PD. I haven't seen much activity as I pass through the campus except for an occasional MCPD unit sitting in the parking lot.

As of the end of the Mid - Del school year, Rose State has taken control of Traub elementary school which it bought a couple of years ago and has been leasing to the school district.

Status
Not open for further replies.