Roselle Park FD Simulcasting Full Time on 453.5625

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

For the past couple of weeks, I noticed that Roselle Park FD has gone back to full time simulcast on 453.5625. At first I thought it was temporary, but they have gone back to it full time (for now). Does anyone know the backstory on this or if it is worth adjusting the the DB again? Currently the DB lists it as just a fallback frequency.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
For the past couple of weeks, I noticed that Roselle Park FD has gone back to full time simulcast on 453.5625. At first I thought it was temporary, but they have gone back to it full time (for now). Does anyone know the backstory on this or if it is worth adjusting the the DB again? Currently the DB lists it as just a fallback frequency.

It doesn't require any adjustment at all. All companies and personnel are utilizing the NJICS, and are not going in through analog. It's an as required simulcast, not multicast, and not full-time. It also clearly states in the subcategory note that communications may be simulcast as needed. The simulcast was not active last night during the overnight.

Last edited:

Analogrules

Ok. All I can say is that for the past two weeks, every single time I heard a fire call in RP, the ops were simulcasted on 453.5625. I cannot say the same for any other FD in Union County for their respective fallback UHF channels. I just thought their may be a reason. I understand the DB remaining the way it is, but just wanted to put this out there.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Not an accurate statement to say every call. It's been switched off several times in the last two weeks.

Analogrules

During times I was monitoring, I heard it simulcasted every time. This is an accurate statement based on WHEN I was monitoring. No, I do not monitor 24/7. (I have a life). Therefore, I believe you and take your word on it that they have been switching back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.